“Very impressed and we will be back!”

Comfort Inn & Suites Salinas
Ranked #16 of 25 Hotels in Salinas
Reviewed 8 February 2011

The front desk staff were wonderful! Polite & appreciative of our business. The room was clean and quiet. It was a great place to stay and we will be back!

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business

Reviewed 31 January 2011

Truly nice clean polite is the best way to describe our experience.
This past weekend we needed to get out of the valley fog , We decided to stay here because is was much cheaper to stay than in Montery just a half hour away.
We found it to be very clean ,the Manager and all the staff we talked to were very friendly and made us feel welcomed there . The indoor pool was a bit cold but that was after we were fifteen to twenty minutes in the spa.
The breakfast was sufficient ,and the rooms were clean and safe-- a real value deal-- and we still got to see the sights of the ocean and beaches and the SUNSHINE

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 September 2010

I was travelling to Monterey for an early morning whale-watching trip on Labor Day weekend and the prices in Monterey where well over $100 for the places that looked ok. I stayed at this Comfort Inn in Salinas for $70 with my AAA discount and it was right off 101, about 30 minutes drive from Fisherman's Wharf, with a breakfast starting at 6:30 which helped me get an early start. The place was clean and the staff was friendly. The room was nicely furnished, but oddly, the only two pictures on the wall were identical! The motel does make attempts to be "green", but a flow control on the shower could be added. My only significant complaint was the continental breakfast. When you only serve a few things you should do them well. It had 2 types of cereal, coffee, milk, orange juice (awful - canned?), apples (old), bananas (overripe), oranges, packaged danish, toast, and waffles. If they went to the effort to make OJ from frozen, had fresher fruit, and added granola, yogurt, and some healthy whole grain muffins it would be much better. Except for the breakfast, this place served my needs well. I would also recommend the Steinbeck Museum which is not too far away - I didn't go this trip but is well worth the visit if you like Steinbeck or California history. By the way, the whale-watch trip with Chris' Fishing Trips was spectacular, with incredible views of feeding Blue and Hump-backed Whales.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 August 2010

Had a res for 2 nights, After making the res my wife decided to go along. In the room description, says the room can accommodate up to 3 adults. W hen I arrived to ck in, they wanted to charge more for the same room because of wife. This had never been done to me at other Comfort Inns (mostly in the South). In defense, those other locations are American Owned. This Salinas franchise is not American Owned. It shows. Beware. The lobby and breakfast area were not allthat clean looking. Iwent two doors down the street, and got a Holiday Inn express room, very new, clean and nice. Same price, but no xtra charge for wife.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank plaindriver
Reviewed 27 June 2010

I stayed here at a rate of $219, which was higher because of the U.S. Open. Other hotels in the area were much higher, so I was happy to get a room available at that rate. The hotel looks almost like an apartment building from the outside and it took going to the other side of it and back to find the lobby, The street the hotel is on seems safe, with other hotels, an In N Out Burger, and a diner, but the main road seemed unsafe.

The hotel room itself was fine, although the bathroom had no counter space and the shower head seemed old. The bedroom part was very nice and clean. It looked like someone recently put a lot of time and money into it. It was very quiet there!

Breakfast was free and basic: waffles, sweets, two kinds of cereal, oatmeal, toast, and hard boiled eggs.

I noticed other reviews mentioning rudeness, etc. I didn't have too much contact with the staff, but they were all polite and professional in any interaction I had.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 February 2010

I called and got the rate for my stay. When I got there I was told the rate was not possible.
after telling them I had called ahead she very reluctantly told me ok. Then after I checked the rate posted to my account, it was the much higher rate, she had told me afterall. The breakfast is watched over by her the whole time you are eating as the front desk is directly in front of the little table where one has to sit and eat. So you can't enjoy your meal because she is listening the whole time to your conversation.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank travelbest10
Reviewed 5 September 2009

A very average Hotel with disinterested and scruffy management,the manager upon check in was wearing a tee shirt with stains down his front.

In room internet very weak with a far better signal from the Hotel next door.Breakfast was OK but situated in the lobby was a bit like eating in a corridor because of people checking out all the time.

My biggest complaint was that when I made the reservation 3 weeks before arrival,I needed 2 adjoining rooms as it was for 2 adults and 4 kids so I needed connecting rooms,I was quoted $100 per room,so I said I would call back,the guy then said if I booked then he would give me at the same price as a suite which was $179,I agreed,but on check out the management denied completely this had been offered.Its the cheating that annoyed me rather than the money,plus a very average nothing special hotel.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank SimonGuy
Hasmukh1400, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Salinas, responded to this reviewResponded 24 November 2009

The weekend of the guests stay, there was an event going on in our town. Rates during events are extremely high in our area.

Our hotel was unaware of any rate issue the guest was concerned about till checkout. The guest had signed and initialed the rate at check in without any problems. If there was a misunderstanding of the rate, the guest should have consulted us before signing and initialing the rate acceptance upon check in. During busy event nights, our hotels rate go as high as $300 a night, but due to the economy, our rates were set lower this year.

We apologize to the guest for any misunderstanding about the rate and stay at our hotel.