“Cheering Section”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Rancho Cielo

Rancho Cielo
Ranked #4 of 318 Restaurants in Salinas
Cuisines: American
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Cheap Eats, Romantic, View
Dining options: Dinner, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Carmel, California
“Cheering Section”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2013

This venue is unique in several ways: It's a gateway, a springboard and for many of the
" student-staff" a salvation. A brainchild of retired Judge John Phillips, Rancho Cielo prepares young adults for careers in hospitality--our county's biggest industry along with agriculture. the fare is simple, very ample and tasty. The biggest treat is the sense of pride, ambition and seriousness that pervades this restaurant/school. They also host a weekly Rotary Club meeting and have done some very successful offsite catering events. It also features outdoor dining in a stunning landscape. Be a career educator using your knife and fork!

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Eugene M

Salinas, California
“Culinary Academy Is Outstanding!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2013

I wish I hadn't waited so long to go out to Rancho Cielo. By far, it was one of the best dining experiences I've had! It's a bit out of the way but, definitely, worth the extra few minutes to get there. The students do an outstanding job under the direction of their professional chef. The menu is diverse with three salads, four entrees and three desserts from which to choose. Each person in our group chose something different and we were all more than happy with our choices. My Caesar Salad, Ranch Steak and Bete Noir (flourless chocolate cake) were all mouthwatering! I will return very soon for the Tortellini Andreotti! Pat Martin

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank foodygirl72
Salinas, CA
“Best meal I've ever had!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2013

I have eaten here 3 times now and the food, service and environment are all awesome. I've had the Caesar salad and the Wedge, both of which are excellent. I can't get away from the Tortellini because it is so good I can't bear not to have it again and again, and I've tried 2 of the 4 desserts, each of which is great. It's such a beautiful place to enjoy a meal and the people are just wonderful. Before my stepson, Cody Proctor, began the culinary program, I was totally unaware of Rancho Cielo and the Drummond Culinary Academy, both of which are the most awesome programs I have ever seen. What a great job they are doing there!

1 Thank 996KarenP
Salinas, California
“Unique dining experience that everyone can learn from...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2013

The Rancho Cielo Culinary Center is a unique dining restaurant. This is my 4th trip this season as they run from October to June. Our server was Johnny. I was very impressed by the server's attentiveness and readiness of taking our orders. His recommendations were spot on and even gave me a few wine recommendations by the bottle.

The three course pre-fixe dinner makes it easy to select a menu that works for each of my party.

I had the Caesar salad, followed by the salmon (which was cooked perfectly and matched with a cupful of mixed wild rice and cranberries), and fresh vegetables, and followed up with a strawberry and chocolate mousse dessert with coffee.

We were not rushed and accommodated our request to split the bill since some were paying with credit cards.

I highly recommend this restaurant and the servers in training have aspiring stories to tell and you can tell that they are striving to do their best to serve all.

3 Thank wineguy5150
Manama, Bahrain
“Well worth the drive.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2013

The service was great and the food prepared fresh that day and beautifully presented. The wedge salad was wonderful and my steak perfectly cooked. Add to all of that it is aworthy cause, you can't go wrong. They only serve one night a week and book quickly, so make a reservation.

1 Thank PA_foody

Been to Rancho Cielo? Share your experiences!