Courtyard Salinas Monterey
Laurel Inn & Conference Center(Salinas)(Great Value!)
US$130
HIExpress.com
US$187
US$162
Hotels.com
Super 8 Salinas(Salinas)(Great Value!)
US$153
getaroom.com
Quality Inn(Salinas)
US$95
US$158
TripAdvisor
All reviewstypical courtyardfront deskindoor poolmarriott courtyardgreat staff and hotellobby cafelittle thingsbreakfast includedenjoyed my staystayed here for a weekbusiness travelerbusiness tripbeds were comfortableoatmealfitness roombistroraven
Reviewed 16 July 2014

We spent 2 nights at this hotel during the SBK motorcycle races at Laguna Seca. The hotel was great. The rooms were clean and quiet (we were on the 3rd floor (top). The beds were comfortable and the AC worked fine. We did have the drainage problem in the tub, as others have noted. We told the front desk about it after our first night but it did not get fixed. I reported it again as I was checking out.

The location is easy to find. The cost was a bit high for a Courtyard, but still worth it.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Stayed over the 4th of July weekend. Happy with the outcome of our Priceline Express booking. Confident it had to be the Courtyard or Residence Inn in Salinas. Nice clean average Courtyard. Breakfast items were good, if pricey. Not recommended if you are looking for a romantic Carmel/Monterey place to stay (though most are way over-priced for what you get), this is a great alternative for all other stays. Make sure to get "local" back road directions to Monterey! Google Maps has us take a 42 minute route, while hotel recommended back road route was 24 minutes. Monterey area golfers, stay here on Priceline rates to afford the terrific area golf courses!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 June 2014

This hotel is appropriately priced, and clean and well run. Staff was great at all times, friendly and competent and intelligent at all levels. While the restaurant is a pay restaurant, I did not mind because for ten bucks one can get food that is truly enjoyable: the food is so much better than the free breakfasts elsewhere. I only had one issue: at the wrong time of day, the water can take a looooong time to heat up.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Stayed here for three days was generally happy, wasn't the best courtyard marriott I've stayed in though, the room and bathroom were clean but the water seemed very slow going down the drain although this could have just been my room, really my biggest disappointment was no microwave or mini fridge in the room, also no microwave available to guests in the lobby, food was mediocre but overpriced as is usually true with most courtyards I've stayed in and no complimentary lobby coffee, also no coffee available to purchase until after 7:00am which seems unusual for a business traveler oriented hotel, previous review mentioned sketchy neighborhood due to walmart I had to laugh at this, maybe they thought so because of the Hispanic element which were just regular working people going shopping, not sure but did not find it a bad area at all, all in all not a bad place to stay but I feel it was overpriced, especially Saturday night where the price jumped up 100.00 from Friday or Sunday.

Room Tip: I got a king room with balcony, was pretty nice had a small table with chairs but they were all cover in black dust, had to clean chair to sit in.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
DJCarlsen, General Manager at Courtyard Salinas Monterey, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Dear Nathrach,

Thank you for taking time to review our Courtyard by Marriott in Salinas, CA, we do appreciate your candid feedback regarding our hotel. I am very apologetic that we did not meet all your expectations as a loyal Marriott traveler. We have many amenities that cater to most of our corporate travelers, unfortunately not every guest room has refrigerators and microwaves however we do have them available upon request and would be happy to accommodate those requests with advance notice of your travel. With the addition of our bistro we have followed guidelines per Marriott to remove our complimentary coffee from our lobby, however we are do provide the complimentary coffee in our guest rooms.

Once again, Thank you for your feedback and we hope when your travel brings you back to our area that your Marriott loyalty brings you back our direction and we have an opportunity to show you our service is what sets us apart.

Warmest Regards,

DeAnna Carlsen, General Manager

Reviewed 14 June 2014

I'd been on the road for over 11 hours and for some reason EVERY hotel I came to (and called and looked up on cell phone) was full. I had actually found a vacancy at a Ramada and, for $95, was given a room that was beyond bad (dead bugs, stains, unclean toilet) so got got a refund and kept riding. Keep in mind I was on a motorcycle so it makes doing your "homework" a little more awkward.

I took a chance at the first Salinas exit and in front of me was a Courtyard Marriott. I parked my bike under the portico and went in and was welcomed by Josh, who found me a room, told me I could leave my bike where it was if that was more convenient and had me checked in in about three minutes. (Thanks, Josh) I tell ya, for $139, you can't beat the room I got. Flawless climate control, well-cleaned room, quiet. After my last experience at the Ramada Limited in Gilroy, I thought I would take a look around with a flashlight... ya know, check in the corners, and behind the dresser to see the quality of the cleaning crew. (Yes, I know I'm getting a little finicky these days... whatever) It was pretty spotless. Coffee in the room, nice little cafe in the lobby, pretty minimal gym but it was fine.... all very clean.

I won't hesitate to stay at a Courtyard again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo