Just got back from a stay in Salinas for my daughter's swim meet. The hotel itself was very nice, and all of the staff we encountered extremely helpful and friendly. We had a 2 bedroom suite with kitchenette. The beds were comfortable, the kitchen well-equipped, everything very clean.
The breakfast buffet was quite substantial, with waffle bar, yogurt, oatmeal and cold cereals, sausage patties and eggs, toast, pastries, juice and coffee.
Since the kids had been at a swim meet all day, they were pretty tired and didn't want to go out again for dinner. We grabbed take out from a close-by Italian restaurant and were able to use the breakfast room for our group to have a big communal meal. The staff was very accommodating in helping us dispose of the extra trash.
Only complaint about the hotel was that the walls were kind of thin - we had problems with our neighbors on one of the two nights we stayed. Talking very loudly at 11:45 pm, and then again at 3:45 am! The front desk handled it well - calling up to tell them to be quiet immediately (I could hear the phone ring from our room). The front desk staff even gave me bonus Marriott points when I mentioned it upon check out. I do not fault the staff for rude guests - just wish the walls weren't so thin.
Unfortunately, I probably would never come back to Salinas unless I absolutely had to. The town is horribly depressing, and there was a riot days before we arrived due to some problems between the locals and police. The front desk staff cautioned us to stick to the well-lit mall areas if we were going to go out at night. Thanks, but I will just avoid Salinas in the future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Get FREE high-speed Internet access at this Residence Inn. Located just 20 minutes from scenic Monterey and Carmel, the Residence Inn by Marriott Salinas Monterey is your home away from home. Residence Inn by Marriott has perfected the extended-stay experience by combining all the comforts of home with our passion for making every guest feel welcome. Our suites offer separate living and sleeping areas with fully equipped kitchens. Here, in the heart of the fertile Salinas Valley, you are mere moments from the top agriculture companies in the country, such as Fresh Express, Dole, Tanimura & Antle, and Taylor Farms. For leisure activities, we enjoy a close partnership with the National Steinbeck Center and its cultural facility, and within moments, you may enjoy the mesmerizing sites and tastes of Fisherman's Wharf, Cannery Row, the world-famous Monterey Bay Aquarium, the 17-Mile Drive and Carmel-by-the-Sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Residence Inn Salinas Monterey reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn Salinas Hotel Salinas
- Salinas Residence Inn
- Residence Inn Salinas Monterey California