If your idea of a good time is to sit on the porch and watch elephants hang out, this place is for you! After reading good reviews in the San Francisco Chronicle, I booked a night as a suprise for my sweetheart. It was a stormy weekend, and the view of the Salinas River valley gave us lots of rainbows in between storm clouds. We were thrilled to hear lions roar throughout the night and morn. Our tent offered a great view of the elephants getting baths as they left their barns in the AM. The facility tour is not to be missed. I liked the staff- it's clear they care deeply for the animals. The highlight of our stay was feeding Butch the elephant when he visited our tent to bring us continental breakfast. Watching a barn owl hunt the fields in the night was a bonus. Bring your binoculars and pack your camera! We had a great time, and plan to go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Listen to the lions and tigers roaring only yards away from your authentic African style bungalow...go on an African Safari in Monterey! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Evoline ltd so you can book your Vision Quest Safari Bed & Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vision Quest Safari Bed And Breakfast
- Vision Quest Safari Hotel Salinas
- Vision Quest Safari Bed & Breakfast California/Salinas