Vision Quest Safari Bed & Breakfast
US$190
Residence Inn
US$140
Courtyard
Super 8 Salinas(Salinas)(Great Value!)
US$121
Laurel Inn & Conference Center(Salinas)(Great Value!)
US$137
TripAdvisor
Quality Inn(Salinas)
US$95
TripAdvisor
Hotels.com
All reviewsbutch's bedtimebig catsunique experiencewater buffalovip tourbreakfast deliveredspace heaterplay yardpachyderm packagelions roargift shopyogurtgiraffe manoronce in a lifetimecat housewild animalsviewing deck
Reviewed 27 October 2013

My husband I came to celebrate his birthday; what a great visit for two animal lovers! We were delighted by an afternoon visit from a coati mundi and a caracal, and info about them from the handlers. Loved having Mailika the elephant visit, when we got our breakfast the next morn (at 10:15). The best part was the VIP Tour, from 11am to 3 pm. Just us two, plus Christie the elephant handler, and Amber, her assistant. What an informative and delightful 4 hours! Had our photos taken with Forest, the capuchin monkey, and Nadia, the Siberian Lynx (so soft!). Heard much interesting information about all of the animals we visited, had a nice deli lunch with Amber and Christie, and then, best of all, got to wash the big elephant, Butch! It was a thrill, and was so well-handled by our hosts. Great animals, friendly and knowledgeable people!

Room Tip: Monkey manor is near the road, and was noisy at night and early morning. Nice bedding and heated mattress pad.Heater is noisy. No view of elephant area, but nice viewing platform is very nearby. Comfortable
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 October 2013

My husband & I took our grandson and stayed in their B&B. I am always looking for ways to engage our youngsters in nature oriented education and this didn't disappoint. The staff was highly knowledgable and very positive, even with our highly active grandson! They allowed us to interface at a distance with a number of the animals; a bengal tiger, baboon, elephant all came to our cabin. We did sign up (and pay) for the extra experiences which were well worth it, giving us memories for a lifetime! The owner is working hard to put in an expansion for the big cats, giving them much more room. This was a terrific experience! And we want to support their continued work.

Room Tip: We didn't choose one of the bungalows overlooking the elephants but that was fine. It was a short stroll to a viewing platform.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 September 2013

What a unique experience. Heard about it from a friend and decided to give it a try. I am glad we were able to experience this with our grand kids. We took the tour of the animals which was included. Everything else was extra and can get pricey but I am sure still worth while. The property was clean and well maintained. The tents ( hotel rooms) were very nice, clean and all the comforts required for this type of adventure. In the afternoon they brought two anilmals to our tent to greet us which included a tiger. In the morning our breakfast was delivered by one of the elephants.
A truly different adventure. The kids loved it..

Room Tip: all rooms are great we had one of the two tents available for four persons
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 September 2013

This place is amazing! My nephews and myself had visted another place almost like this. But Vision Quest out rated the other place 10 to 1. We arrived in the morning to take the VIP tour. We we the only ones in the group. What a truly amazing experience. Up close and personal with wild animals. We then were given out keys to our tent. From the outside it looked like you were in the jungle, but the inside was like a hotel room. We engaged in giving the elephants a bath, feed the big cats and put the elephants to bed. Not only were these activities fun but very educational for my nephews. I could go on forever, but I would recommend this place to both the young and old. What a truly great experience

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 September 2013

This place was great! I'm not an outdoorsy person, but this is my idea of "roughing it"! The tents are basically hotel rooms - wood floors, private bathroom, tv, heat, etc. Ours was in front of the elephants play area but there's also a zebra and ostrich.

Our first afternoon they brought two animals to greet us - a bearcat and something similar to a lynx. The best part of everything was morning breakfast. It comes with an elephant. Not only do you get breakfast but you get to feed the elephant their breakfast. Experience of a lifetime feeding the elephant and petting him! While you are feeding him they take your camera and take photos for you. I will go back!

Room Tip: Our room faced the elephant pen which was great, but the tent a ways back behind us had an outdoor soaking tub!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple