“Great Experience”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Lake Forest, California
“Great Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2014

We planned to stay only one night but wish we could have stayed at least one more. My six year old boys loved it and so did we! The bungalows were very nice and very clean. They had everything there for you to make your stay comfortable, including heating blankets! At night it we heard the lions roaring and we truly felt like we were on an African Safari! Butch the elephant brought us breakfast in the morning and the trainers even took pictures with our own camera so we didn't miss the moment. This was a splurge for our road trip vacation but one we don't regret for a moment! We will be back!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (195)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014

My family of 4 loved our stay! The breakfast delivery via elephant was the huge highlight and is a memory we will never forget! Clean and comfortable rooms which exceeded our expectations. My only issue was that our room, the monkey manor, was one of our only options as a family of 4. It was close to the road, so the road noise was pretty annoying. I wish they offered accommodations for 4 that overlooked the elephants. We did both of the animal evening feedings, but thought the elephant feeding was much better than the big cats. All in all, a wonderful experience!

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Krazzieboyz
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014

I took my daughter here for as a gift for you High School Graduation and a send too college where she will be studying veterinary medicine. This experience was very exciting for her. A memory we will have forever.

After our tours and tucking in the elephants we drove a very short distance to the Wharf in Monterrey and had a nice dinner. Came back to enjoy our peaceful surroundings and the sounds of the animals in the night.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Sacramento
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

My 13 year old son and I visited the safari and really had a great time. We stayed in one of the bungalows which was very unique. The one we were in was called Monkey Manor and is the number 2 bungalow. I would not recommend staying in either number 1 or 2 though. There is a main street right behind these two and the traffic is very loud. Had it not been for the loud traffic and the ants in our room it would have been a perfect 5. I highly recommend to add the extra tours if you plan to stay overnight. Overall we had a very nice time. It was amazing to hear the animals roar at night.

Room Tip: Only stay in bungalows 4-8 unless you don't mind hearing loud traffic.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014

This place was Wonderful. I was Amazed at all the things to do and see! I highly recommended it. Be sure to Add on the Crunch Time and Bedtime to your evening, so worth it! And don't forget your 1:00pm free tour. The staff is great. The rooms are clean. You feel like you get to spend the night at the zoo. I want to go back yearly.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Manteca
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014

My husband and I had an amazing time! It's like a little piece of Africa right here! The trainers worked so hard to make sure we were comfortable as well as the animals. It's super clean...... Totally would do it again!

• Stayed July 2014
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

This was a great place to stay! We LOVED Crunch time where we fed the cats, and Butch's Bedtime were we fed the elephants carrots. Those big animals are so amazingly beautiful! Such a great experience when we got to feed the elephant her breakfast! So sweet! Wish I could walk with her all day long!
Was a little bit noisy with the road just behind us, but I did hear the coyotes, lion, and elephant calling out in the night.
Loved the bungalow! The whole set up was really cool!

Room Tip: I choose one of the rooms around the Elephant playground on the east side away from the road.
Green Features: Great! Saved on water, saved on money with an awesome bungalow set up.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank LuvNature N
Also consider these accommodations in or near Salinas
Hampton Inn & Suites Salinas
Casa Munras Garden Hotel & Spa
La Playa Carmel
La Playa Carmel
#5 of 25 in Carmel

Been to Vision Quest Safari Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!