“The brisket is absolutely amazing” 5 of 5 bubbles

Salinas City BBQ
Ranked #5 of 319 Restaurants in Salinas
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Cheap Eats, Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Eugene, Oregon
“The brisket is absolutely amazing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2014

I'm a huge BBQ fan, and I actually smoke my own meat at home. There are a couple of other 'BBQ' joints in Salinas, which shall not be named, but they do not compare to Salinas City BBQ.

Their meat is amazing, especially the brisket! My wife gets their steaks and those are amazing too. I have to say though, their sides are a bit lack luster, and there are only a couple of options. Next time I go I'm just going to order by the pound. They do have a pretty decent beer selection.

• Visited January 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Saratoga Springs, New York
“Best BBQ! Maybe even best ever.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2014

I was in town on business the week of Jan 13. Hearing marvelous reviews from my coworkers, I ventured over for carry out. I had the pulled pork regular size meal to go. I could not stop eating -- it was so good. The bark was just the right amount of doneness and the meat tender, moist and flavorful. I like wet meat so I ate lots of the hot and regular BBQ sauce.

The coleslaw was great - not drowned in dressing and the right amount of tang. I wasn't a fan of the beans but they didn't taste like the cheap canned ones I've had many places. I couldn't have eaten another bite so it's a good thing I didn't love them.

I had a chance to look around the place while I waited. It is quaint and friendly but not large. I imagine they fill up quickly.

Beer fans - they had some great bottled beers available. Several choices.

If I lived anywhere close I'd be back - great beer and great BBQ - deeelish!

Visited January 2014
Monterey, California
“Best place in Salinas”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2014

Really great food. Good prices and it is excellent BBQ. If you like good tasting variety of choices this is the place. Not a big place, but nice and cozy and we had a great server. I would recommend it over any other place. Not easy to find, but you can smell the great food as you drive by. Enjoy~

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Joncab5
Monterey, California
“Great BBQ”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 December 2013

We've been here numerous times, and love their pulled pork, ribs, and steaks. They have a great spicy BBQ sauce on the table as well. Even the salads are good, very fresh. Only 4 stars because they are a little pricy, and portions are small to average.

• Visited December 2013
California
“Great Ribs”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 December 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

When we pass through Salinas its always a treat to stop in for some ribs. They are the best near Monterey. Although we have not dined in the restaurant it looks cozy, and they seem to have a lot of craft beer.

Visited November 2013

Been to Salinas City BBQ? Share your experiences!