“Salmon and bread pudding”

Pajaro Street Grill
Ranked #18 of 318 Restaurants in Salinas
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Seating, Waitstaff
Monterey
“Salmon and bread pudding”
Reviewed 4 March 2014

The food at the Pajaro street grill is fresh. I suggest anyone who is looking for someplace to eat in Salinas that is NOT a corporate type restaurant try the Pajaro Street grill. I have had the Salmon and believe me you will find nothing like it unless you drive to Monterey. I am fairly certain that they only serve dinner.

• Visited December 2013

San Francisco, California
“A friendly place with good food, Friday night music and veggie options”
Reviewed 27 December 2013

We were in Salinas only briefly and chose this place after looking at their menu online. I have to agree with the first reviewer, everyone was friendly and welcoming, and the food was really good.

We had the veggie version of the Cobb salad with lavender-infused vinaigrette (yum) and mushroom-spinach ravioli with soy pesto cream sauce, both of which were so delicious that not much was left on our plates. Then the chef passed by and realized that we were the people ordering the veggie options; he let us know that the berry pie was actually vegan. So we had that for dessert, and it was delicious. It tasted like berries. It was not overly sweet. It was delicious.

Pajaro Street Grill also has a nice selection of wines; we didn't have a chance to try the martinis.

And they have free live music on Friday nights. We lucked out with a great bluegrass band; they were really good and we wished we didn't have to be somewhere else by 8.00 pm since we didn't get to hear their whole set.

We'll probably be visiting Salinas again, and this is the place we will go for a meal.

• Visited November 2013
2 Thank LBattuta
Utrecht, The Netherlands
“Amazing place, great athmosphere and nice service”
Reviewed 22 August 2013

I stayed over at Travellodge, and picked my first 3 restaurants based ont Tripadvisor reviews. This place is right next door, and my last night I decided to just try this one (it hadn't been reviewed). My goosness, was this a pleasant surprice. Ambiance was better that the earlier 3 places (Eagle Chinase and Pub), food was better and service was extremely friendly. I certainly recommend this place and will come back. It's a shame that it's being overlooked so far. I am coficent that more people will try it and recommend it. Don't be misguided by the looks from the outside and the van parked outside. Try it and be convinced.

• Visited August 2013