“Best Meal I've Ever Tasted”

Pajaro Street Grill
Ranked #19 of 335 Restaurants in Salinas
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 6 June 2014 via mobile

The chef only uses ingredients from his personal garden behind the restaurant. He is very personable, and has fantastic stories! I have never tasted anything more fresh and artfully prepared. A five star restaurant for a McDonalds price! Will be coming back many times

Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

This is just a tiny hole in the wall, but we had a very good dinner here tonight. The ribeye steaks were absolutely perfect. Ribs were just average, martinis were yummy. Definitely would go back for more... Oh, and loved the pie.

1  Thank yayhasplz
Reviewed 6 March 2014 via mobile

I cannot believe this place isn't packed everyday! It has such great athmosphere, friendly staaf, great food and extremely reasonable (too cheap?) prices. Go here when on business, and always looking forward and never disappointed.

2  Thank RoP1963
Reviewed 4 March 2014

The food at the Pajaro street grill is fresh. I suggest anyone who is looking for someplace to eat in Salinas that is NOT a corporate type restaurant try the Pajaro Street grill. I have had the Salmon and believe me you will find nothing like it unless you drive to Monterey. I am fairly certain that they only serve dinner.

Reviewed 27 December 2013

We were in Salinas only briefly and chose this place after looking at their menu online. I have to agree with the first reviewer, everyone was friendly and welcoming, and the food was really good.

We had the veggie version of the Cobb salad with lavender-infused vinaigrette (yum) and mushroom-spinach ravioli with soy pesto cream sauce, both of which were so delicious that not much was left on our plates. Then the chef passed by and realized that we were the people ordering the veggie options; he let us know that the berry pie was actually vegan. So we had that for dessert, and it was delicious. It tasted like berries. It was not overly sweet. It was delicious.

Pajaro Street Grill also has a nice selection of wines; we didn't have a chance to try the martinis.

And they have free live music on Friday nights. We lucked out with a great bluegrass band; they were really good and we wished we didn't have to be somewhere else by 8.00 pm since we didn't get to hear their whole set.

We'll probably be visiting Salinas again, and this is the place we will go for a meal.

2  Thank LBattuta