“Great park, especially in Spring!”
Review of Toro County Park

Toro County Park
Pacific Grove, California
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Great park, especially in Spring!”
Reviewed 11 October 2013

I have hiked all the trails in this park, and it is just beautiful, no matter where you go. I would recommend that you take water, as once you start hiking, there is none available, but it is such a great place to hike. On the flat part there are picnic areas and soccer fields, and even play equipment for the kids. There are lots of different trails, so get a park map. You don't want to hike to Simas peak if you're out for a casual hike. Get out there and enjoy Toro Park!

Visited April 2013
3 Thank NatalieGray

Salinas, California
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“Great park to just get out”
Reviewed 26 September 2013

My wife and I go to Toro Park at least twice per week.

We REALLY enjoy it. Sometimes my partner will mountain-bike there, but feels like the trails at Ft. Ord and near Santa Cruz are better-maintained. It is a great place to go if you have (leashed) dogs. The scenery is wonderful, regardless of the trail you take.

Highly recommended.

Visited September 2013
2 Thank David B
Carmel Valley, California
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Tough Cycle”
Reviewed 6 March 2013

We headed out for a family cycle...I need to get fitter before I tackle this one again. My daughter and I headed back early leaving the boys to go ahead. Its great fun but its not for the meek.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank Tricia B
Monterey, California
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“My Hiking Paradise”
Reviewed 19 January 2013

I have walked/hiked many miles at this park and always enjoy it. Clean, safe, nature, peace! They have restroom facilities, BBQ area, lots of birds, deer, etc.

Visited January 2013
3 Thank Chuck H
Watsonville, CA
97 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 150 helpful votes
“Above the Pastures of Heaven”
Reviewed 2 January 2013

Remember Steinbeck's book about a valley near Monterey. Well, Toro Park is near there, the upland hills above the lush valley. There are miles of trails, all with stunning views.

Visited April 2012