“Smells like crap”

and 1 more site!
Ranked #14 of 25 Hotels in Salinas
“Smells like crap”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2013 via mobile

I had requested. Non smoking. Worse. The smell penetrates. Bathroom disgusted. Service horrible. Rude. I requested to be given clean sheets and nothing was given. I requested odor spray and they left to sleep. And
The next day I requested clean towels. They said room
Had
Been clean. Def not coming back here.

• Stayed August 2013

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Oakland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2013

While the sheets and towels were clean the place looked dirty and run down, stains on the curtain, the carpets felt greasy and dirty to walk on, the lock on our door was broken. This was not a cheap place, but there wasn't much available the night we needed in Salinas. Also, the wales were paper thin and the neighbors had there TV on all night which made it difficult to sleep. The people at the front desk were friendly but that is one of the only good things I can say about this place. Save your money and stay elsewhere. Next time I would drive to another town if this were my only choice.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2013

I am extremely pleased with the staff & how helpful they are! Ive been living at a different hotel for the past 4 months & decided to switch to the Inns of California and i must say, it was the best decision ever to come here. i walked into the lobby to smiling faces & employees that actually truely care about their customers instead of their money! best hotel in Salinas for a GREAT price! I am very comfortable & pleased with this hotel :) :)

• Stayed July 2013
Hong Kong, China
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2012

The room is tidy and comfortable overall. The most impressed me is that their service is excellent. I carelessly left a charger and USB cable in the room when I check-out, and asked the front desk whether they could send back those items to my home. They kindly offer their assistance and are willing to send them to my home without any charge. The above items have been received around 1 weelk after check-out. Their service is great and efficient.

Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Salinas, CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 December 2007

Our property managers put us up in this hotel, because of some needed maintenance on our rental.
It was nothing like what past reviews has made it. Our room was clean. The staff was friendly and quick to help. There is free wi-fi, which was great, because we're both students and needed internet access. Our room had a microwave and refrigerator. They even allowed us a late check-out without hassle.
I should note that they seem to be in the process of renovating the rooms. That may be why we got such good service. They're probably working on improving everything.
There is a Denny's and Jack In The Box within walking distance, although we didn't visit either of those.
I definitely recommend this hotel. I was completely satisfied with our stay.

Stayed December 2007
3 Thank MxPxFx
California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2007

I'll admit it, I read the reviews and still booked, the PRICE WAS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE!
This place was...
Not up to common standards - We had 3 windows and none of them had screens.
Not clean - The 2 sets of curtains were old, if not dirty, stained, and you can see sun light spots through.
Immediately upon check in we witnessed locals partying... but then they started arguing with other partiers... We didn't sleep well that night.
And the reservation, although booked months in advance and confirmed 2 times, was booked by someone who left and the person checking us in, used this as reason for me not to getting the price and room arrangements I reserved.
Please heed reviews!
I'd like to add, the employees were nice and courteous and the bed was made well!

Stayed July 2007
Portland, OR
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2006

We were driving the area 10:30 at night, trying to find a place with Internet access that did not require a laptop. We had to buzz the receptionist since check-in was closed for the night. I would have been afraid to try them if I'd read the previous reviews. Most hotels have Net access in the rooms if you travel with your own PC. But, who wants to vacation with a valuable item? Our room with two beds was clean, incl. bathroom (no peeling paint or chips). $65 for 1 holiday eveg. The Business center was open at 8AM for compl. Cust. 'Net use. We were on the first floor. Slept soundly (monday night). Soaps from foreign country were a treat. Room also had microwave and fridge. Sliding back door opened to lawn, chairs, parking lot and check-in building. We were one parking lot over from the Denny's but we drove over for our meal. [--]

• Liked — Free Net access that did not require personal computer
  • Disliked — felt bad waking up clerk/receptionist
  • Tips/Secrets — Fridge and microwave means leftovers from Denny's can go farther.
  • Stayed September 2006, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank RubyDuo