“Great price”

Salinas Inn
Ranked #17 of 25 Hotels in Salinas
“Great price”
Reviewed 20 August 2014 via mobile

We just needed a bed to sleep on and this was perfect for that. The breakfeast was served late at 8am and there was only cereal and a cheap pastry. But for the price we paid ($59) it was worth it. It was right next to the highway so you could hear the cars going by so if you are a light sleeper it might be hard to sleep.

Stayed August 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Las Veags
Reviewed 15 August 2014

There have previously been some pretty bad reviews of this place, including the management. We stayed here in early August, 2014 and found the place to be perfectly priced and the manager, Mr. Peter Patel to be what you would expect and excellent manager to be. Due to poor planning on my part, we arrived a day before my reservations and just completely exhausted from a long drive. Mr. Patel went out of his way to accommodate us in obtaining a room for us even though we had arrived rather late in the day. I was very pleased at the condition of the room, which was freshly renovated from top to bottom. Everything was in working order and left nothing to be desired in getting a great nights rest. The next day we changed rooms to the one which had been reserved for us. It was just as fresh, clean and nice as the room we had just vacated! America's Best Value Inn Salinas, CA is now a place we will stay any time we find ourselves in the area. Mr. Patel is a fine Innkeeper and represents this establishment in a very positive manner.

Room Tip: There is some parallel parking in front of a few of the rooms which enhance the security of your veh...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
San Jose, California
Reviewed 5 August 2014

If you are just staying for a night and not planning any time in the room, it's affordable. The room wasn't bad. It was clean, the showers had water pressure, and bed was ok. I did have problems connecting to the wifi, but didn't really mind. The hotel is off a freeway and is a little remote. Being near the freeway was nice, but it was near an exit/entrance so noisy. There is a 7 Eleven with a gas station at the end of the block and the gas is relatively cheap.

Room Tip: Hotel near freeway so there was more than average amount of noise. Other than the noise, it's no...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Ithaca, NY
Reviewed 24 May 2014

My sister and I traveled here to see the Steinbeck Museum (which was great!) but this motel was just horrible. The room wasn't clean (a used Q-tip sat next to the sink and a long black hair on the toilet), the phone didn't work, and the "breakfast" didn't start until 8:00 am. Maybe to save those pesky travelers from stopping in. That amounted to some cellophane-wrapped "Danishes" and a bottle of OJ. The computer at the front desk didn't work either. When I went to the front desk with questions and to report the phone being dead no one responded to the bell!

I would advise you to save your few bucks and go to the next exit north where there are many motels/hotels.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Pennie S
Camas, Washington
Reviewed 5 May 2014

I have to say it wasn't bad. Yes the carpet was stained and I found a few hairs on the sheets. The linens were clean, I had plenty of towels, and there was a microwave and fridge that worked very well. The water pressure was great and my shower was hot. The bed was fairly comfortable as well. The ice maker worked and they even had a washer and dryer. The owners were very nice and accommodating.

My room didn't face the freeway so it wasn't that loud. The a/c worked well and in my mind was quieter then some of the more expensive places I have stayed. I normally don't do budget hotels but in a pinch I would stay again. Thanks.

Room Tip: The lower number rooms don't face the freeway. Anything below 106 or 206 and you're good.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 April 2014

Larger, more attractive room than average for this class of motel. Non-smoking room smelled vaguely of smoke; I suspect it was a smoking room before it was declared smoke-free. Seemed sanitary. Wi-fi worked well. My shower worked fine.

Noise from the highway is really annoying. To plug your computer in, you have to unplug either the main room light, the TV, the microwave, or the refrigerator. (I always carry a short extension cord with 3 outlets and use it frequently. For hotels with ancient wiring--which I've sometimes found even in fancy hotels--I also carry a 3-to-2 prong "cheater" plug. Try this. You'll thank me.) Breakfast really is as spartan as others say.

Adequate, but at $79, not a bargain.

Room Tip: Ask for a room as far from the highway as possible.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Narrowgauge
Reviewed 18 January 2014 via mobile

Room was clean but the shower head was broken and leaked when I showered. It is rather loud since so close to freeway and walls are very thin so you hear your neighbors. Free continental breakfast is just cereal and bagged pastries. I didn't appreciate that the milk and orange juice are in gallons and cartons, who's to know if anyone spit in it or anything like that so I didn't drink it.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple