“Quick Trip” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #10 of 25 Hotels in Salinas
Fresno, California
“Quick Trip”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2013

Stayed only for one night and was really pleased. Upon check in the front desk attendant was really nice. He had already taken care of our request, which I had made during my reservation and made sure to make me aware of it which I really appreciated. Room was very comfortable.
Hotel is located right next to an In and Out Burger which made it so much easier to grab something to eat after a long trip.
In the morning we had some breakfast. They had mini waffles, which my son LOVED!! We were running a little late and we asked the front desk attendant for a late checkout and he was really accommodating. We really enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Hernandez923

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Coquille, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2013

Stayed at this location twice on a trip from Coos Bay OR to Phoenix AZ as a midway stop on my road trip. Convinient access to HWY101, rooms were clean, Wifi access worked very well, and the facility is what I needed. The staff was great, and I would definetly stay again. Only had one issue, and that was the phone would not dial local calls on one of the nights that I was there. Was trying to order pizza for delivery, and with a cell phone that has a non local area code, I know that it would be a hassel. The front desk called for me, and connected me to the pizza place so that I could place my order. The place called back to verify, and everthing worked out.

It is an older facility, but the staff and ownership has taken care of updating it. I have no problems with staying here in the future, and was greatly pleased with the nights that I stayed.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
here
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2012

1 star motel. Stayed 2 nights in mid October. Smokeless room had stale smell and needed airing out. Air conditioner did not cool the room and was too loud. It seemed to only run the fan and not the AC. Carpets stained. All the lights did not work. Sheets were clean at least. Decent in a pinch, but not if you're looking to be spoiled with luxury and comfort like I normally enjoy. Will not stay there again.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Kingston, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 October 2012

Stayed 2 nights while visiting Monterey. The room was clean, but I was disappointed that they only had vanilla flavored coffee creamers (beings I don't use sugar in my coffee, it made the coffee too sweet for me). We ended up buying our own half and half. The location was right off the freeway and there is an In/Out Burger place within walking distance. There's also a nice Comfort Inn just up the road that looked much nicer than this hotel. If I remember correctly, the prices for the 2 hotels were comparable when I booked.

I also had an issue where the room I chose on the web site was changed by the hotel. I called the 800 number and was told that I had to contact the hotel directly. The hotel had changed my reservation because I was only going to be there 2 nights and they had a reservation come in for 7 nights for the particular room I chose (I had booked one king and they were going to put me in 1 queen instead). I guess I was bumped. Not sure if this is there normal practice, but I didn't feel it was fair especially because I booked in at the king rate. When I called the hotel though, they put us in a 2 queen room, which was fine.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank beverlydeg
Alta Loma
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2012

Good location, good price, right off the fwy. We were visiting Monterey only 1/2 hr. west and Gilroy is a 1/2 hr north. (much more expensive in Monterey). Large clean rooms with comfy king bed, large desk if you're using a laptop. Staff was friendly. We were on the second floor next to the soda and ice machine. It was extremely loud in the hallway but when we shut the door it was surprising not bad. We would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Shirley M
Friday Harbor, Washington
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2012

Nice staff, convenient to the freeway, but paper thin towels, scant breakfast, and a hard to operate TV. One night and won't be back. Will pay $10 more for a close by Comfort Inn. Very loud heater fan...

Room Tip: Check the towels first...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank captainjim71
Plano, TX
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2011

Had all the amenities (blow dryer, iron + board, fridge, microwave, cable TV). Booked at the last minute, but got a great price. Visited Big Sur with my friend - quite far from Big Sur, but for a last minute booking, I can't complain. Staff was very nice. Breakfast was very nice and complete (coffee weak, though). Would definitely stay here again if ever in the area, but would recommend a closer location if visiting Big Sur.

Room Tip: Stayed on the top floor - very quiet; elevator available
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends