Best Western Salinas Monterey Hotel
Laurel Inn & Conference Center(Salinas)(Great Value!)
US$104
Courtyard
Quality Inn(Salinas)
US$298
TripAdvisor
All reviewswestern hotelsbreakfast attendantroom was cleanbw rewardsin n out burgerking suitefront desk managercontinental breakfastbottled waterwafflesan overnight staythe breakfast areafast foodbig surupon checkenjoyed my stayfitness center
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 July 2012

There are two BW hotels next door to each other. One is older and this one seems almost new to me. This one is basic with double rooms with one king or two queens. We would come to this hotel again for a road trip overnighter. The room was totally clean and operating and well maintained. The staff was friendly and very helpful to us with several details. Great internet speed on the wired eithernet connection. I didn't use the wireless connection. Breakfast in the morning was of good quality.......coffee was great. We're learly of highway overnight places and we were relieved to have had a very good experience with this one. Only gripe was the two chairs in the room were straight chairs with little padding. We like to relax and read and these are not that comfortable for more than an hour. Most rooms have easy chairs, usually only one which really irritates us and we try to avoid such rooms. At least this room had two of the chairs. Good microwave and fridge. Excellent bed!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank MendoPaul
Reviewed 9 July 2012

Only stayed a couple days, but it is an older building that was nice to look at. Parking is good for normal vehicles, but not too friendly if pulling a trailer (get there early). Getting into the driveway can be a pain, expecially with the busy intersection close by. The motel doesn't seem to be run down, but could use a little work here and there. Room was clean, good bedding clean (bed a little soft), air conditioner was struggling (needs maintenance), good power outlets on the desk for plugging in phones, computers, etc..., good internet access and speeds. Good size refridgerator, average size microwave and nice little cup coffee maker. Couple of 'eats' across the parking lot if you don't want the 'contintential breakfast'. For the price, it was okay.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank 23Dorsett
Reviewed 2 July 2012

My husband and I love to vacation in CA, riding our Harley. Our first night of a 10 day Vacation started at Best Western Salinas-Monterey Hotel. The manager, Peter, upgraded our room to a king suite, no extra charge. Peter is the friendliest hotel manager we have ever come across. The room was very clean, comfortable and quiet. On our way back down the coast, we got in a large traffic jam in San Francisco, we were not able to make it to Santa Maria as planned, so I called Peter and he was very accommodating to book us a room when we were only about 2 hours away from arriving at his hotel. We had ridden several hours that day and we were bushed, we came to check in and there were 5 people in line. Peter was so kind, he totally remembered us, called my husband to the desk to give us the key to the room and told us to come back later to "check-in." We were blown away at this manager's customer service skills. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone in the are of Salinas. As a side note: I accidentally left my battery charger plug in the room and called the next day after arriving home. They found it and mailed it to me!! I cannot believe our luck in having such a pleasant stay and being treated like VIP's. Thank you Peter Patel, you are a true asset to the Best Western name and this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ctrangers
Reviewed 20 April 2012

I wasn't there long but the room was clean, the staff was attentive and the price was right. I would stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank osodoro
Reviewed 17 April 2012

Not the best hotel to stay at.... privately run by a local family who try to fix things on the cheap. Phone didnt work, shower didnt work, toilet and bathroom was dirty - even after beiong asked to clean it. For breakfast, they didn't put food out until you asked, becasue the family member was servicing the front. They were friendly though, and the weather was nice.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple