“What a little gem.”

Ranked #1 of 1 San Anselmo B&B and Inns
Rockhampton, Australia
“What a little gem.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2013

Visited my family in San Anselmo in August 2012 and had the happy experience of staying here. I will definitely stay here again. Swapped recipes. Brekkie included in room price and was yummy. Situated in a very pretty town and lots of things to see and do. One very happy Aussie.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Petaluma, California, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2013

My husband and I live in Santa Rosa which is about 40 miles from San Anselmo. We stayed at the Inn to avoid a late night drive home. We had a lovely room overlooking San Anselmo Ave.. The Inn is very comfortable and it feels like a country home in Italy or France. We had a beautiful "continental breakfast". However I don't think anyone can compete with Patti and her delicious quiche. We had so many choices of fruit and breads, cereals and there was even a basket of oranges from Patti's tree.
I can not recomend this wonderful Inn enough. I grew up in San Anselmo and It is a great way to see the town and it is close to San Francisco and the Wine Country.
I highly recomend the San Anselmo Inn for one night or an extended stay. The staff is very friendly and helpful. We will be back.

Carol Tabarracci and Steve Johnson

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2012

We have stayed here a number of times and have found it a very fine experience. This time was a reall challenge as my husband and I became sick with an intestinal virus. The staff was so kind to us providing both caring advice (we are from Wash, DC) and services. We recommend SAI highly.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Amarcia
La Mesa, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2012

A lovely inn tucked into the center of San Anselmo. We stayed here to be in the vicinity of San Francisco without paying the higher prices in the city. Our room was quiet, comfortable, and had a few extras that would have made staying here a few nights—more than our one--easy and affordable. It had a small kitchen area with microwave, refrigerator and table. But the most outstanding feature of staying here was the complimentary breakfast—fruits, rolls, quiche, cereals, and more. Just outstanding.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank PatConwell
Crescent City, CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2012

SF area was booked up or outrageously priced during our stay. San Anselmo Inn did not jack their rates up but is about an hour from downtown SF during traffic. We were there for wife's minor surgery and this quiet Inn turned out to be just the ticket. Clean and comfortable with friendly staff, but surprised to see tall weeds down the middle of the sidewalk when coming in the back path from the shared parking with a local bank.
Breakfast was very good with three different quiche dishes to choose from and abundant breads and fruits. Fresh baked cookies were great in the afternoon.
The Inn is also situated on a side road filled with eclectic shops and eateries, City Hall, City Library and a pharmacy. Nice for an afternoon/evening stroll.

Room Tip: Some rooms have a shared bathroom. Lower priced though so could be a worthwhile bargain.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank RickCrescentCity_CA
Palo Alto, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2012 via mobile

Hi to be straight forward, very friendly staff, GREAT breakfast (better then I expected), and I was happy with the price I payed, to be honest I booked through a 3rd party website, so got a lower price, I would recommend calling the hotel directly as you may get a lower price, I was happy with my room a queen with ensuite shower and restroom, personally I would never take a room without its own bathroom,yes no view, but was not there for the view, nice furnishings, I glanced in some more deluxe rooms,, which I would consider if I came back a second time, the town of San Anselmo is very beautiful and nice to walk around but remember it is A small town, at least from the Silicon Valley area I come from, I think if you do not get into the a restaurant by 8pm during the week you may have to drive to Fairfax. That said the manager at the front desk, Arthour if I remember right, recommend a very, very good Mediterranean Style Restaurant with excellent food, wine, and cocktails. I think it was called Santana's, though I forget the name, and is only a five minute walk, also I thought the parking was close at a very close by lot. I would say this is the best place to stay in San Anselmo, and I think the only place. It is a place I would be happy to stay at again when in the area, and again was surprised how good the breakfast was. Also I like the friendliness in this town as some Marin County Towns you may get a stuck up attitude. Also, IF the bar is and restaurant they have is open, it was closed the night I was there... Again slow there on a Monday night, I would recommend their local draft beer from Fairfax, very good, when I travel I always like to try either local wines or craft beers, they have some good ones, remember you are short drive from Sonoma County, which personally has better wines then Napa.

Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
SF Bay Area California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 September 2012

We recently spent a night at the San Anselmo Inn in Marin County, California. We found it clean, homey and friendly. Our upstairs room #230 had two queen beds and a nice bathroom. No view (was a concrete wall outside the window) but we weren't there for a view. Beds were comfortable and had chairs at the ends for your things. Nice closet. Very quiet inn, like a small hotel. Served breakfast in the morning that was more than the usual continental. Egg dish, pastries, cereal, fruit and nice strong coffee. Inn was right on the main street.

The next day we took a great hike around Bon Tempe Reservoir...about 5 miles. Beautiful.

Room Tip: Our room #230 had an ensuite bathroom. There were baths in the hall, so clarify this issue.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Courtyard San Francisco Larkspur Landing/Marin County
BEST WESTERN Corte Madera Inn
BEST WESTERN Corte Madera Inn
#1 of 3 in Corte Madera

Been to San Anselmo Inn? Share your experiences!