“Best place to stay in San Bernardino”

Hilton Garden Inn San Bernardino
Ranked #4 of 33 Hotels in San Bernardino
Reviewed 13 December 2013

Was there on a one night business trip. Hadn't been to San Bernardino in 20 years. Didn't have a reservation anywhere. I drove into the middle of town and drove around looking for a decent hotel. Finally saw the Hilton sign. The place looked better than any of the other hotels in the vicinity, so I went in and was pleasantly surprise. The hotel was spotless. They had a full menu restaurant. Service at the desk and in the restaurant was great. The room (especially the bathroom) was clean. I got a good night's sleep and all for a very reasonable price.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Raymond F

Reviewed 11 December 2013

When I checked in the person behind the counter greeted me with a smile and was pleasant and quick during the entire check in process. They accommodated my request for a 1st floor room for quick in and out access. The room was comfortable and the temperature in the room was perfect when I walked in. The restaurant food was good quality. It is located in the viscinity of a lot of good restaurants if that is your desire and it is close to the freeway if quick travel access in the LA area.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Art S
Reviewed 3 December 2013

Great location. Very friendly staff. I love the consistency of HGI nationwide. This location did not disappoint. A little pricier than I am accustomed but I assume that's California vs. the Midwest (LOL). Ran into one issue with room not being serviced but overall experience and perception of brand not shattered. Of course you can't go wrong with the Sleep Number beds. Breakfast was really good with lots of options. Fitness center is first class!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 November 2013

It's nice coming to a hotel and having the staff genuinely care about helping out customers. We asked Tiffany about some local spots and some other general things about the area and she was eager to help out and very friendly in the process. She never got annoyed with our endless questions. Thanks Tiffany for making our stay there more enjoyable.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 November 2013

Our bed room was on the 1st floor right beside the pool. We were sleeping peacefully in our comfortable bed when some loud voices awakened me at 3AM. About 4 adults were loudly enjoying the hot tub which was supposed to have been closed at 11PM for the night.
As my husband was sleeping on his good ear and hadn't awakened, I chose not to turn on the light to make a phone call to the desk. The next morning as we were turning in our keys I reported the incident to the man at the front desk. Instead of apologizing for the disruption of my sleep he merely said he was not aware that people were using the pool and asked why I did not call to report it. I feel that this was a poor response to my complaint and not in keeping with other experiences at Hilton Garden Inns. We have been Hilton Honors Members since 2006.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank elizabeth c
Reviewed 20 November 2013

the front desk girl went out of her way to help me and my friends in the military. She is so sweet. I just wanted to get a quote on rooms, but she literally talked me into staying with them. She worked to find the best rate available and gave me a the true rundown of the area. Also told me about fun things I could do in nearby cities. Keep this one! Thanks Tiffany.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank magicMc
Reviewed 18 November 2013

When you're arriving in San Bernardino late at night with no reservation this is the perfect option. Close to the freeways and accessible, with friendly service on arrival and comfortable, clean rooms.
Good access to Lake Arrowhead and the mountains.
Complimentary breakfast and wifi internet round off a great stay at the Hilton Garden Inn.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple