“Good basic accomodations”

Ranked #15 of 32 Hotels in San Bernardino
Ramona, California
“Good basic accomodations”
Reviewed 1 March 2008

We wanted a place close to family in the far northeast area of SB. Normally, we avoid Days Inns since they are often in seedy areas and cater to a less savory crowd. We stayed on a Saturday night and paid AAA rate of $83.16 w/tax. Rates are lower when major events aren't scheduled. This was a better value than the Quality Inn on Waterman. Book early! The better hotels fill up due to baseball games and other events.

This hotel is on a hill, which is unlike any other DI I've seen. We requested a N/S room on the top floor and got the top center room that had a walkout balconey and a view of the mountains (and Wal-Mart). Unlike a lot of places, this non-smoking room did not smell like smoke. They require people with pets stay on the first floor in specific rooms, a very wise idea.

We slept with the patio door open and didn't have a noise problem. The room was spacious and clean. The king bed was comfortable even for my husband with a bad back. The TV was the usual small CRT with a few channels. There was a frig but no microwave. The free breakfast was unremarkable. They had miniature apples that were perfect for a two to four year old.

The only negative is that the free wifi only worked at a certain angle next to the window. The 4th floor is probably out of range for their wireless network.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Poor wifi on 4th floor
  • Stayed February 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
  • Korean first
traveler
Reviewed 26 December 2007

First off, we were greeted by a loud drinking party in the parking lot, complete with a guitar. We had 3 children with us and thankfully my husband is a strong stocky dude or I would have left immediately. Then we went in the exterior hotel doors on the side of the building, only to find out they were broken! ANYBODY could come in without a key. We were greeted by filthy carpets with pieces of trash all around. We were so tired, we hurried up to our room. The hallways were dimly lit and dirty. Our room wasn't much better. There were holes and stains on our bedding and mold. We locked our doors and didn't dare venture out till daylight. Management is doing a terrible job and should be fired! There is a train right outside and it is loud and it rumbles. Which... I could have dealt with IF it were clean and safe. I think the other reviewer meant to post about the hotel in south San Bernardino off of the Hospitality Lane area. This one is by Cal State SB University. I will NEVER stay here again. We couldn't leave fast enough the next morning! Buyer Beware!

• Liked — location close to extended family
  • Disliked — everything!
  • Stayed February 2007, travelled with family
1 Thank MomasitaTraveler

Travellers are raving about these San Bernardino hotels

Enschede
Reviewed 22 July 2007

After staying in a Phoenix Days Inn and San Bernardino Days Inn in two successive nights we are really wondering what the label "Days Inn" means. Phoenix was horrible, but we had a splendid stay in this hotel. We cannot think of anything negative to say about this hotel. There are laundry facilties, the room was spacious, clean, and well-equipped, everything worked, and the breakfast was far better than we ad hoped for. Yes, there was a train somewhere in the distance. And no, we did't hear it in our room. Absolutely recommended. Excellent value for your money.

We agree with one of the other reviewers that there is a really nice Mexican restaurant close to the hotel. Go for that as well.

Stayed July 2007
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed 28 June 2007

I was skeptical right as we walked in... the hallways, elevator and stairwells were dirty and in need of maintenance (paint, worn carpet,
etc). We were greeted in the bathroom by black mold floating in the commode. The bedspreads were stained...

After cleaning up, we settled for a night's rest but were awakened every hour in the wee hours of the morning by train horns as they roared past.

The best I can say is that the air conditioner worked well.

• Liked — air conditioner worked
  • Disliked — cleanliness, maintenance
  • Stayed June 2007
jacarta4
Reviewed 20 June 2007

I was actually very skeptical about staying at this hotel, but I had already booked the room. I was skeptical because I had come to this website and read the other review. My wife and I had 3-Day passes to the Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival in Indio, CA and waited far too long to book a room. So this Days Inn was the closest hotel to the festival that was within our budget.

When we arrived, we were suprised to find a very nice staff, and a nice room as well. The elevator is a bit shakey, but the hotel does seem old, so it didn't bother us. Every room has its own private balcony (which is great for smokers like us) and ours looked out over the town with a mountain view. Being from the Texas plains, a mountain view is something spectactular. We heard the supposed "loud train" that goes by every "20 minutes" while unloading our luggage in the parking lot and realized that the review we read (the one posted here, before us) was written by someone who wanted something to complain about. The train went by at the most 3 times per day, and hardly ever at night. On top of that, it was far enough away that it wasn't audible in the hotel room unless you had your balcony door open. And even then it wasn't anything to shout about.

There are a few fast food restaurants nearby and a really great mexican/american restaurant located on the way up the hill to the hotel.

All in all, we had a great time and would definately recommend this hotels to others, especially if you want a nice place on a budget.

• Liked — It was much nicer than I expected for the price.
  • Disliked — The hallway carpet was a bit old, but they were remodelling while we were there, so it should be fine now.
  • Stayed June 2007, travelled as a couple
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 25 May 2004

This hotel is located right off the 215 highway. The room that I stayed in was clean. However, the only condition that I asked for was a quiet room. Somehow or another the staff managed to mistake quiet for "put her in the room where the train goes by every twenty minutes and blows the whistle". In addition, the walls are fairly thin. I got to hear my neighbors next door fighting and the endless party going on upstairs. Needless to say, I got no sleep. When I went downstairs at 11 PM to inquire about switching rooms, I was told the only other option was a room away from the arguing but still with the train noise.
The next morning (Sunday) I inquired about their "100%" satisfaction guaranteed policy. I was told that I would have to call back on Monday and speak with the owner. Hmm, makes me wonder about the effectuality of the policy. I will be calling today.
You can find a better place to stay for $72 night.

10 Thank A TripAdvisor Member