“Champagne Brunch”

San Bernardino, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Champagne Brunch”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Overall good experience. The most was very good overall. Many items lacked quality and freshness while others were outstanding. Definitely utilize the waffle bar, omelet, and pasta bar. Great view of downtown San Bernardino with a classy atmosphere.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank D C

Tulsa, Oklahoma, United States
“Excellent night time romantic getaway”
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Recently had an opportunity to eat a late dinner after dark at this wonderful kind of out of the way restaurant located up high in the hills overlooking the San Bernadino Valley. The food and drink was excellent with a wonderful wait staff but the view overlooking the valley when darkness comes takes your breath away. Truly a great place for a nice romantic drive, dinner and view hard to beat anywhere. Give it a try and enjoy.

• Visited April 2014
San Bernardino, California
“Terrific Champagne Brunch - Great spot for your Special Occasion events, too!”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We like to head on over to the Castaway Restaurant in San Bernardino whenever we're in the mood for a Sunday champagne brunch. The servers are friendly, always willing to get you some extra hollandaise sauce to go on your Eggs Benedict. If you're in the mood for crab, they'll be happy to steam the crab legs for you and bring you some drawn butter. I always love to start my brunch with some sushi (usually a couple or three different type of rolls available), as well as some chips and fresh-made guacamole (to round out my international appetite, ya know)! There's also a Belgian waffle bar - strawberries & whipped cream, or maple syrup for you? My husband enjoys the shrimp but also heads on over toward the prime rib, lamb, or turkey - depending on the mood! There's a selection of foods for the younger crowd that includes chicken fingers, junior corn dogs, etc. You'll definitely NOT go hungry when you come here - ENJOY!!

This is also a great spot for special occasions, banquets, weddings, etc. Oftentimes, you'll see a wedding happening in the gazebo on your way in - a very romantic spot for a sunset wedding! The catering/banquet service was excellent - I had the opportunity of organizing our office Christmas party here a couple of years ago and was extremely happy with the value and the service! Definitely recommend for this, too!

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank TKaz2012
San Diego, California
“Great view! Average food...”
Reviewed 24 April 2014

The view is to die for! Lovely! they do a fun live jazz show outside on the patio in the spring- worth checking out. The food here average.... kind pricey for what it is.

I recommend coming here for some music and wine (maybe an appetizer) and then head to dinner somewhere else :Le Rendezvous is AWESOME!!! Check that place out!!!!

• Visited May 2013
Los Angeles, California
“Castaway in Burbank is so much nicer”
Reviewed 24 March 2014

I've been to the Castaway in Burbank on multiple occasions (date, celebrations). I even had my Birthday party there 2 years ago in the Lagoon Room. I came to the San Bernardino one with my brother-in-law, his GF and my husband on Sunday 3/2/14 for Brunch. The one thing I did notice right away was the price. It's cheaper to dine here for brunch compared to Burbank. However, San Bernardino Castaway does not have brunch on Saturdays.

BURBANK
Saturday Brunch $29.95
Sunday Brunch $36.95

SAN BERNARDINO
Sunday Brunch $24.95 (before 10AM), $29.95 (after 10AM)

We called to make a reservation and they don't pick up the phone! We tried multiple times too. So we just ended up making a reservation online.

As we pulled up into the parking lot, I guess there's no valet (like Burbank). We circled around before finding a spot.

We made a reservation, but once we arrived we still had to wait about 10 minutes. It's kind of awkward in the front, there's no where to wait and very congested. A lot of the staff, people waiting, and people trying to get food.....

Is there no dress code at this Castaway? The dress code has always been "Smart Casual" (Dress to Impress, Jeans are OK, but don't wear tees, sneakers or informal wear). I saw folks who looked like straight up Gs here with caps, baggy pants, and flannels...)

Had a decent view outside, however if you look down you see some people's houses and they aren't that nice looking (sorry to say).
Food was delicious, BUT they don't refill their food fast enough. Almost all the dishes I wanted to try were empty and we kept checking back every 10 minutes, but still empty! By the time I was getting my dessert, they were finally bringing more sushi and Chile Verde out! (argh!!).

They didn't have the guy grilling outside at this one or a person making Banana Fosters either (boo...)

Our server was nice and she was constantly asking if we wanted more Champagne or Mimosas.

Overall, it was just okay. If I wanted to impress somebody, I would take them to the Burbank location. Since this one is closer to my house now, I would come back again with my hubby and family though.

Visited March 2014