“Fantastic food and service” 5 of 5 bubbles

Lotus Garden
Ranked #88 of 305 Restaurants in San Bernardino
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Buffet, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
cool
“Fantastic food and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2013

Great food, great service, great place to eat. I had a lunch special and could not finish it there was so much food. The atmosphere is heavenly.

Visited August 2013

Redlands, CA
“Lackluster food.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2013

It had been many years since I last ate at the Lotus Garden but as it's the only Chinese restaurant in the area (known to me) that isn't fast food, I thought I would try it again. They offer a buffet lunch, which failed to impress in the past, or regular table service and we opted for the latter. The shrimp portion of the shrimp with lobster sauce was very good; however, the sauce was really funky. I cannot think of another adjective to aptly describe it. I wondered if what I was eating was going to make me deathly ill as it had such an odd taste. Fortunately, it did not but the concern put me off. My companion ordered shrimp egg foo young (yung?) and, like me, enjoyed the shrimp but the egg foo young consisted of thick pancakes, that were way too dense. They were closer to hockey pucks than light pancakes! Sadly, I guess I will wait another 5 or more years before trying the Lotus Garden again.

• Visited August 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
SAN JACINTO
“Peking Duck Lovers”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2013

We have been going to Lotus Garden for almost 15 years. And every time we visit it, we leave with the same feeling of having had the best Chinese cuisine in the Inland Empire. We have our special waiter and he waits on us wherever we sit. He will even stay past his shift to attend to us. The Peking Duck is to die for. The Chef cuts the duck at your table and your waiter prepares it for you. Be sure and ask for the Duck Soup, that is prepared with the remaining carcass of the duck ($5.00 extra, well spent). We have practically tried all their meals on their menu and without a doubt all have been excellent. The sauces used in the preparation of their dishes heighten the taste and presentation of the meal. Good Luck in guessing who our favorite waiter is, if he has served you, he usually offers their Jasmine tea... Happy Dining.

• Visited June 2013
Cheyenne, Wyoming
“Love their shrimp”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2013

Can't recall how it appears on the menu, but it's shrimp in a mayo based sauce with candied walnuts. Yummy and lots of it. A must "go-to" when I'm in the area as there's nothing to compare in Cheyenne, WY! Prices are reasonable..by CA standards. Second to tostadas at Del Taco..my favorite in SoCal.
'

• Visited May 2013
Redlands, California
“Lunchtime favorite”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2013

Love to go for lunch. Lots of choices at lunch from buffet to lunch specials.
Portions are huge. Friendly. Yes, its open even with all the road construstion.

Visited April 2013