“No room at the inn”

Ranked #8 of 32 Hotels in San Bernardino
Arlington, Virginia
“No room at the inn”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2013

Don't trust them! We booked here for our swim team for 2, 2-room suites for 4 nights to attend a National Meet in Riverside and despite booking through Marriott and confirming, after a 3 hour flight delay and driving 2 hours from LAX we arrived to discover we had no rooms. We did call after we landed to let them know we were on our way we had planned to arrive at 1pm,but it was looking more like 4 or 5 so we wanted to let them know and we were told they "were cleaning our rooms now".

We arrived to find that they "still weren't ready" but under further conversations learned that the "people" in our rooms were refusing to vacate. Another team there for the National meet had been waiting for their rooms for six hours.

We were offered consolation rooms at another hotel, but these were not suites and did not meet the same needs we had as a team (we would have 4 rooms but only 2 chaperones, etc.).

This was a fiasco. Truly a disappointing situation. We stayed at the other hotel for one night, and then someone from our team who was not travelling with us, found us another hotel in Corona. Reservations mean nothing to this hotel. Do not trust them.

Oh, it gets better. We convinced them since we could not cook dinner in the room they should comp our meal so they recommended a take out pasta type place and gave us a menu. We put together the order and tried to call but no one answered so a chapterone went over to the place. It was literally boarded up and there were loiterers hanging out. Remarkable.

(the story improves at our next hotel, the Marriott Residence Inn Corona)

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Pleasant Hill, Ca.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2013

Upon check-in our room type was not available, but A GM Marjorie upgraded us to a 2 bedroom suite! Not too shabby.
Very well run and accommodating stay. The hotel is right off they freeway..we walked across the parking lot and ate at Elelphant Bar restaurant. It is also walking distance to BJ's and several other eateries; and next to a Costco and gas stations, etc.
Had cooking facilities and all right there; breakfast was great. There was a "social hour" with no beer/wine..just food and sodas, but it was appreciated.
One (or two??) computers in the lobby..and a pleasant little courtyard.
My one pet peeve was the indoor pool. I would give his hotel an A+ if it had an outdoor pool.

Nice furniture/comfy mattresses/great A/C.

A pleasant 1 night stay to start out 5100-mile road trip! Very friendly staff; especially Marjorie C and Josie at the front desk.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Marjorie C, Assistant General Manager at Residence Inn San Bernardino, responded to this review, 22 October 2013
Thank you so much for your kind comments! It was a pleasure having you stay with us and I'm so glad we were able to exceed your accommodation expectations. Come back and visit any time!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for 5 nights. Initially we had a problem with our reservation but the professional staff handled it properly and to our satisfaction - without us even having to ask! Hotel very clean. Plenty of retail around location for easy access. Keep up the good work GM Mariana Gonzalez!!

• Stayed June 2013
Marjorie C, Assistant General Manager at Residence Inn San Bernardino, responded to this review, 21 July 2013
Thank you so much for your positive review! I'm sorry you experienced a problem, but I'm glad we were able to help. I hope that if you are ever in the area again, you will come stay with us problem-free!
mammoth lakes, ca.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2013

All of the staff was very friendly and helpful. We neeeded some assistance in finalizing some business matters and they went out of their way, in the midst of being very busy, to really help out, especiallly Sandy, the sales mananger. Otherwise this a very ordinary Residence Inn; nothing special and a little dated. On the edges of a shopping center so not aesthetically pleasing. No beer/wine at the manager's reception; that's a first!!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Marjorie C, Assistant General Manager at Residence Inn San Bernardino, responded to this review, 3 June 2013
Dear sle8849,

Thank you for your kind words regarding our service. Sandy appreciates it as well! We hope if you return to the area, you will visit us again.
san francisco
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2013

Stayed at this hotel earlier this week. The staff members were extremely friendly and willing to go above and beyond on just about anything. But the "hardware" are dated. Matress, pillow, towel, furniture were just slightly better than what you find in a motel. Toilet paper was placed in reverse direction. Missing hand/body lotion in the bathroom.

The evening "snacks" were also disappointing, not nearly as good as other Residence Inn that I stayed. Across the street you will find Elephant Bar and BJ's. Both have decent food and fair price.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Dear memedutch,

Thank you for your helpful review. I would like to inform you that we will soon be undergoing a renovation in which the mattresses and furniture will be updated. We have also been refreshing our linen and towel quality periodically. Hand/body lotion is always available upon request, although not placed in the rooms unfortunately. I apologize if these items adversely affected your stay.

We are also making changes to our Evening Social and I sincerely appreciate your feedback. Our menu items now include the BBQ Night, Italian Night, and Comfort Food Night, all with full meals for our guests. Without your constructive comments, we would never know how we can improve. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel!
Byron, MN
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2013

After working for several hours, I retired to bed at 11:00 pm only to find a cold feeling and discovering a WET mattress. I had to move to another room, and for some reason I couldn't fall asleep right away.

I was moved to another room, and the night clerk was nice, but not a further word about it!

Disappointed--management should have done more. Night clerk was a nice guy, but his superiors blew it.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Dear PickeralLake,

As I am just seeing this review now, I am extremely disappointed that I was not able to convey my apologies effectively during our emails. Please know that as soon as I learned about your stay, I contacted you. I am sorry that it was only after you had already checked out. Please email me again so that we can fix this in a way that is satisfactory for you. My email is mculley@thmc.biz. I look forward to hearing from you!
Fresno, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2013

I am a Marriott Rewards member and called on short notice to stay at this hotel hoping to get a two bedroom suite as I was traveling with my daughter and her two children 2 and 7 months. There was only availability for one of the two nights. I booked a one bedroom suite and was told to check back on our day of arrival. Before I had time that day to check, I received a message to call the hotel. They had already moved me into the two bedroom because it had become available for the second night. WELL DONE Marriott staff! Our rooms were clean and comfortable. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The breakfast was very good. This is not a luxury hotel, but a wonderful hotel for a family. This particular location was within walking distance to many restaurants of all varieties. It is also close to Loma Linda University Medical Center if you every have a family member requiring their services.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Darlene H
Dear Darlene H,

I am so glad to hear that we were able to get you into a Two-Bedroom Suite! Thank you for the helpful, detailed review. As a new manager to this property, my hope is to continue this excellent service and hope to see you back soon!
Also consider these accommodations in or near San Bernardino
Fairfield Inn & Suites San Bernardino
Hampton Inn & Suites San Bernardino
DoubleTree by Hilton San Bernardino
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Loma Linda- San Bernardino S

Been to Residence Inn San Bernardino? Share your experiences!