“Hotel Bargin!”

Residence Inn San Bernardino
Ranked #8 of 32 Hotels in San Bernardino
“Hotel Bargin!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2013

I was very impressed with the size of my room. I had nearly a full kitchen (no oven) and king sized bed for less than $100/ night. Breakfast was also really good. (I love waffles!) The best part though was it was in a good area with lots restaurants near by. I was on a business trip and ate out every night so it was nice to just walk to dinner from the hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Marjorie C, Assistant General Manager at Residence Inn San Bernardino, responded to this review, 22 October 2013
Samuel_potter157, I appreciate your feedback regarding your stay. It is correct, all of our suites are equipped with a kitchen which includes a stove top; however, only select Studio Suites and all Two-Bedroom Suites come with an oven. We also have several restaurants in the local area such as Elephant Bar, BJ's Restaurant and Brewery, In-N-Out Burger, and many others within walking distance. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and I hope you will return soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Phoenix, Arizona
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2013

This is a beautiful, well accomodated property in an excellent location. Absolutely what you would expect from the Marriott brand. The service however was not the best. We called ahead to inform them of our late arrival as we had a reservation. Yet when we did arrive, the night desk clerk was not exactly friendly or welcoming... not even a smile! The next morning we requested a late check out, but the front desk apparently neglected to tell housekeeping. Oops! The worst part was finding a used washcloth on a tub "shelf" from a previous guest. GROSS! Obviously an oversight from housekeeping. Would loved to have enjoyed the pool facilities but when it's 90º outside who wants a hot, sticky indoor pool? With the climate here, they need an outdoor pool. We love to stay at Marriot properties, and will again. Maybe it was just an off day for these folks? ??

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear bessiedear, thank you for providing us with your helpful comments regarding your stay. I sincerely apologize if we failed to meet your expectations, and I can assure you that this level of service is not the standard here at the Residence Inn San Bernardino. My staff has been made aware of your experience and we would love to have the opportunity to make it up to you sometime. If you are ever in the area again, please give me a call and I would be happy to prove to you how we really operate. I can be reached at (909) 382-4564 ext. 4509 or, if you prefer, please email me at mculley@thmc.biz. Thank you so much!
Redlands, California, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2013

During my stay at Residence Inn San Bernardino, I was treated respectfully and professionally. When I needed assistance, it was always quick with a smile. I felt welcome during my stay. I would recommend this hotel to everyone, including families with furry faces.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Eileen, we love having you and your beautiful dogs stay with us. You're like part of the family now! I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and you know we are always here if you need anything.
Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2013

My stay was a long one which extended from 5 weeks to 10. This hotel is perfect for a business traveller, located just off Interstate 10 with many famous stores and restaurants close nearby. Spacious suites with very comfortable beds and amazing pillows guaranteed to give you a that good night sleep. Nice fitness room next to the indoor pool and jacuzzi. Guests have access to the hotel barbeque grill, a laundry room, half basketball court and other conveniences. The hotel staff were so nice and friendly and made my stay a pleasant one.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Modesto, California, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2013

I have been at the Residence Inn for 2 months with 56 techs from Amazon doing training locally. The staff at the Residence Inn is just outstanding. They have adjusted food schedules for my early morning teams, providing breakfast at 3am versus the 6am stated time. Marjorie the AGM is just Outstanding. The facility and the team are always polite and courteous and has adjusted schedules for me team moving from several hotels locally to be consolidate here. great job Residence Inn team and we thank your for making our stay feel like home.

Sincerely
Geary Johnson
Facilities Manager
Amazon.com

Room Tip: I personally like the apartment style rooms versus the studio.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Arlington, Virginia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2013

Don't trust them! We booked here for our swim team for 2, 2-room suites for 4 nights to attend a National Meet in Riverside and despite booking through Marriott and confirming, after a 3 hour flight delay and driving 2 hours from LAX we arrived to discover we had no rooms. We did call after we landed to let them know we were on our way we had planned to arrive at 1pm,but it was looking more like 4 or 5 so we wanted to let them know and we were told they "were cleaning our rooms now".

We arrived to find that they "still weren't ready" but under further conversations learned that the "people" in our rooms were refusing to vacate. Another team there for the National meet had been waiting for their rooms for six hours.

We were offered consolation rooms at another hotel, but these were not suites and did not meet the same needs we had as a team (we would have 4 rooms but only 2 chaperones, etc.).

This was a fiasco. Truly a disappointing situation. We stayed at the other hotel for one night, and then someone from our team who was not travelling with us, found us another hotel in Corona. Reservations mean nothing to this hotel. Do not trust them.

Oh, it gets better. We convinced them since we could not cook dinner in the room they should comp our meal so they recommended a take out pasta type place and gave us a menu. We put together the order and tried to call but no one answered so a chapterone went over to the place. It was literally boarded up and there were loiterers hanging out. Remarkable.

(the story improves at our next hotel, the Marriott Residence Inn Corona)

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Pleasant Hill, Ca.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2013

Upon check-in our room type was not available, but A GM Marjorie upgraded us to a 2 bedroom suite! Not too shabby.
Very well run and accommodating stay. The hotel is right off they freeway..we walked across the parking lot and ate at Elelphant Bar restaurant. It is also walking distance to BJ's and several other eateries; and next to a Costco and gas stations, etc.
Had cooking facilities and all right there; breakfast was great. There was a "social hour" with no beer/wine..just food and sodas, but it was appreciated.
One (or two??) computers in the lobby..and a pleasant little courtyard.
My one pet peeve was the indoor pool. I would give his hotel an A+ if it had an outdoor pool.

Nice furniture/comfy mattresses/great A/C.

A pleasant 1 night stay to start out 5100-mile road trip! Very friendly staff; especially Marjorie C and Josie at the front desk.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Thank you so much for your kind comments! It was a pleasure having you stay with us and I'm so glad we were able to exceed your accommodation expectations. Come back and visit any time!
Also consider these accommodations in or near San Bernardino
Fairfield Inn & Suites San Bernardino
Hampton Inn & Suites San Bernardino
DoubleTree by Hilton San Bernardino
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Loma Linda- San Bernardino S

Been to Residence Inn San Bernardino? Share your experiences!