“A dump”

Ranked #8 of 32 Hotels in San Bernardino
Castle Rock, Colorado
“A dump”
Reviewed 8 January 2014

I am a platinum Marriott guy and will chose another brand when I am in Redlands to avoid this place. Didn't get any sleep the whole time we were there.

Pros
Great location
Good service and friendly staff
The free breakfast is good

Cons
Beds are torture devices. Old mattresses that can't support two people.
Our bathroom was filthy when we checked in.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Marjorie C, Assistant General Manager at Residence Inn San Bernardino, responded to this review, 3 April 2014
Dear Alan_Castle_Rock,

Thank you so much for your feedback regarding your stay with us in January. I am disappointed to hear that you had an unpleasant time, but can assure you that your negative experience is not the standard here at the Residence Inn San Bernardino and I am so sorry you were affected in this way. Your comments are very important in helping us improve our services and I would be happy to have another opportunity to change your mind about our hotel. Please give me a call the next time you visit the area and I will personally ensure your stay will be comfortable and satisfactory.

Marjorie Culley

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Charleston, West Virginia
Reviewed 24 December 2013

Easy on/off interstate, area well lighted and close to restaurants, property well maintained. Front desk staff very pleasant and helpful, room VERY spacious and clean. Remodeling in progress but must be occurring during the day because our stayed was not disrupted with noise, etc. Extra fee for dog was $100, which we felt was quite high, but considering we had been traveling for several days we stayed in order to get a good night's rest. We would stay here again, even paying the extra fee for our dog.....he is worth it. :)

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
West Covina, California
Reviewed 10 November 2013

Well the entrance is a dot on a map - good luck..took me driving around to finally assume where the front door is. Service was fine, room wasn't as described, was expecting an oven as pictures state.

Internet is spotty at best - but for a quick weekend it'll do.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Livermore Ca,
Reviewed 4 September 2013

First business trip ever staying at Residence Inn.This is a beautiful, well accommodated property in an excellent location.The front desk Supervisor Josie M was very nice helpful and accommodating. Very Professional and such a hard worker. Would definitely recommend this place to my family and friends.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Marjorie C, Assistant General Manager at Residence Inn San Bernardino, responded to this review, 22 October 2013
RGali120, We miss you and your group! It has been too quiet around here without you. Thank you for being such a great guest during your extended stay with us and Josie says, "Thanks for the recognition". Hope everything is going well for you. Take care.
Tracy, California
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Thank god for Josie. She made my stay feel like i was at home. All the other front desk staff wass equally as supportive and did evrything they could to ensure my two month stay was enjoyable.
Kerp up yhe good work!

• Stayed July 2013
Thank you, Greg. We miss you. It was such a pleasure having your group with us for the two months and I'm so glad we were able to accommodate and provide excellent service during your stay. Take care!
Reviewed 19 August 2013

I was very impressed with the size of my room. I had nearly a full kitchen (no oven) and king sized bed for less than $100/ night. Breakfast was also really good. (I love waffles!) The best part though was it was in a good area with lots restaurants near by. I was on a business trip and ate out every night so it was nice to just walk to dinner from the hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Samuel_potter157, I appreciate your feedback regarding your stay. It is correct, all of our suites are equipped with a kitchen which includes a stove top; however, only select Studio Suites and all Two-Bedroom Suites come with an oven. We also have several restaurants in the local area such as Elephant Bar, BJ's Restaurant and Brewery, In-N-Out Burger, and many others within walking distance. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and I hope you will return soon!
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 28 July 2013

This is a beautiful, well accomodated property in an excellent location. Absolutely what you would expect from the Marriott brand. The service however was not the best. We called ahead to inform them of our late arrival as we had a reservation. Yet when we did arrive, the night desk clerk was not exactly friendly or welcoming... not even a smile! The next morning we requested a late check out, but the front desk apparently neglected to tell housekeeping. Oops! The worst part was finding a used washcloth on a tub "shelf" from a previous guest. GROSS! Obviously an oversight from housekeeping. Would loved to have enjoyed the pool facilities but when it's 90º outside who wants a hot, sticky indoor pool? With the climate here, they need an outdoor pool. We love to stay at Marriot properties, and will again. Maybe it was just an off day for these folks? ??

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear bessiedear, thank you for providing us with your helpful comments regarding your stay. I sincerely apologize if we failed to meet your expectations, and I can assure you that this level of service is not the standard here at the Residence Inn San Bernardino. My staff has been made aware of your experience and we would love to have the opportunity to make it up to you sometime. If you are ever in the area again, please give me a call and I would be happy to prove to you how we really operate. I can be reached at (909) 382-4564 ext. 4509 or, if you prefer, please email me at mculley@thmc.biz. Thank you so much!
Also consider these accommodations in or near San Bernardino
#4 of 32 in San Bernardino
Ayres Hotel Redlands
Ayres Hotel Redlands
#1 of 9 in Redlands

Been to Residence Inn San Bernardino? Share your experiences!