“Good value”

Ranked #8 of 32 Hotels in San Bernardino
Palm Desert, California
“Good value”
Reviewed 23 July 2014

From the first minute I walked in the hotel I was treated like a valued guest. Pedro showed me my room and took time away from the desk to make sure I was happy. The room was on the 4th floor at the end and very quiet with comfortable beds. The room had 2 bedrooms and a fireplace. Laura at the desk was also very nice and helpful. I would definitely stay here again
Lynn

Room Tip: High floor on quiet side is best. 2 bedrooms are great.i had 423 and was very satisfied because it w...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Lynn C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Reviewed 6 June 2014

Overall my stay was good. The free dinners prepared by Alicia made the stay worth it. Laura at the front desk was very friendly, which made my stay more pleasant. I gave 4 out of 5 stars instead of 5 because there were multiple occasions that my room was entered by staff when I had my "do not disturb" sign up. Also, there were many families staying there, which made the "social hour" not very social, as the parents were trying to entertain their kids. Something I really appreciated is that the walls must be thick because I never heard noise from any of my neighbors in the 2 plus months of my stay. This is a definite plus.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 June 2014

I've spent a lot of time at this hotel, well over two months, I have really enjoyed it. I am here for work and when I get back to my room all I want to do is relax and I find that quite easy here.

The Staff - They are all quite pleasant and helpful. I've had a few minor issues that they helped me resolve quickly and happily. Kelly and Laura have had to print bills for me in 8 different ways and once let me borrow one of their personal flash drives when mine wouldn't work. Perdo and Josie were super accommodating when I checked in and had lost my company card. They have also had to help me track down things I left in my room upon check-out...multiple times. House keeping is through and friendly,plus my dishes are always done, my bed made, and room clean. It's really quite convenient.

The rooms - They're large and equipped with everything I need to not have to leave if I don't want to. The kitchenette is spacious and the fridge is full size. The microwave is well powered too. That might seem like an odd comment but it makes popcorn really fast (which is free in your room) and doesn't burn it. The bed is large and comfortable and there are a lot of pillows. The couch is also large and comfortable. If you get the studio the TV is I think 42 in. If you get the 1 bedroom it has 2 32 in TVs. The TV can be seen from the bed and couch easily.

Location - The hotel is located in one of the nicer parts of San Bernardino and is within walking distance of 6 or 7 restaurants and 10 or 20 more are within a few minutes drive.

If you need a place to stay, this is a pretty good choice, especially if you're going to be here for awhile. The only complaint I have is the internet, it's painfully slow compared to what I'm used to. It seems to be capped at 1 mbs download speed. It's enough to surf the web or watch netflix, but not really to do both at the same time. However, it's a small complaint and it clearly hasn't stopped me from coming back.

Room Tip: The only rooms I might avoid are the 1st and 2nd floor rooms that circle the patio/pool area. There...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Radicalcentrist
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 31 May 2014

My friends and I were on a road trip and arrived around 8 pm after driving two hours in traffic. Laura checked us in and she was AWESOME! Gave us a great recommendation for dinner that was super close to the hotel. The hotel looked like it'd just been remodeled, very nice look. Everyone we passed said hello and that's really refreshing to see. Pool was ok no hot tub that we saw. The breakfast was a little sad, the first morning they had turkey breakfast sandwiches, which were good, but the scrambled eggs...not so much. The next morning there was no 'entree' which is weird but it was free so we made do. We would definitely return, the area was convenient with lots of restaurants and places to walk, and again the staff was great!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 May 2014

I really enjoy this hotel I have been here many times clean and quite, it's located close to many shops and the I-10 Freeway Staff is very attentive Laura, Margie, Pablo, Josie, Kelly all do a great job.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 May 2014

The location is near restaurants and close to the freeway. It is a good place to stay in SB. Guests have access to a computer.
It is clean.
There is a nice BBQ area where guests gather.
The staff is very friendly and helpful.
Laura is the best!!

• Stayed May 2014
Arlington, Texas
Reviewed 1 May 2014

I had the pleasure of staying at the Marriott Residence Inn in San Bernardino off and on for 15 months because of work. The staff there is above-average. Laura, Kelly, Josie, Pedro, Margie, Marianna, Myra and Sandy are all amazing. They went above and beyond to accommodate both me and my dog, including checking in on her when I needed to work extra hours. The front desk staff became a second family to me. The rooms were comfortable, the housekeeping staff was great, and the overall stay didn't feel like I was away from home but more like I was at my "other" home.
I never had an issue with deliveries, adjustments, or anything else. While the breakfast and dinner selections were just okay, I had the equipment needed to cook for myself so it was never an issue. Plus there are so many dining options nearby that I never went hungry.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone that needed a place to stay, whether short-term or long.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
#4 of 32 in San Bernardino
Ayres Hotel Redlands
Ayres Hotel Redlands
#1 of 9 in Redlands

Been to Residence Inn San Bernardino? Share your experiences!