“This is the nicest Fairfield Inn I have ever stayed*” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Fairfield Inn & Suites San Bernardino

Fairfield Inn & Suites San Bernardino
Ranked #7 of 32 Hotels in San Bernardino
South Pole
“This is the nicest Fairfield Inn I have ever stayed*”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2014

This property is in the midst of a hotel re-do and it will most likely impact you in some way if you stay here before the end of summer. The lobby is completely cut up and my floor was still going thru "the change". My room had recently been done and it was very much appreciated. In fact, my room was by far the nicest Fairfield Inn room I have ever occupied and if this is the future of Fairfield, I like it! I didn't have water in my room when I checked in and then when it did come back on, it wasn't hot.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Fairfield Inn a... M, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites San Bernardino, responded to this review, 16 September 2014
Thank you for taking the time to let us know how your most recent stay was. I am glad to hear that your room was comfortable during your stay. We are in the last stage of renovation we should be done in the next 2 weeks. We thank you for your feedback, and hope to see you soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Sacramento
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

San Bernardino is not exactly what you would call a destination spot. But the Fairfield Inn and Suites is a bright spot in a hot, dry, town. Even though the lobby is completely torn apart for renovation, my room has already been redone and it is fantastic. The staff here is extremely pleasant, friendly, and helpful. The room is pretty small, but it is divided nicely to look almost like a suite. The bedroom is kind of separate from the desk/work area which has a nice sitting space with a TV (in addition to the one in the bedroom). The free breakfast is a true breakfast, not just the typical cold cereal and stale breads. This one has scrambled eggs and sausage, fresh baked goods, and really good coffee.

Parking is easy and plentiful and the hotel itself is in a pretty good part of town. There is a BJs right next door--30 second walk--and tons of other fast food and chain restaurants very close by. If you're looking for fine dining in San Bernardino, you will be very disappointed, so having a good choice of chains is a plus.

If you want something other than a chain, Redlands is a quick ten minute drive and there are some more interesting eateries there.

I will be back on business in the future and there is no question that I'll be staying here again.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Valleyblue
Thank you for taking the time to let us know how your most recent stay was. I am glad to hear that you were able to enjoy our hotel despite our renovation, and that your room was comfortable during your stay. We are in the last stage of renovation we should be done in the next 2 weeks. We thank you for your feedback, and hope to see you soon.
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

Recently I've used Fairfield Inn & Suites for one night stay. The hotel has good facilities, adequate free parking and basic but good breakfast. My room was clean and tidy, offering excellent conditions for a good night sleep. The area, where Fairfield Inn San Berdardino is located, is quiet and safe. I will return here. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Robby_Cristian
Dominique B, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites San Bernardino, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to let us know how your most recent stay was. I am glad to hear that you were able to enjoy the type of breakfast we offer, and that your room was comfortable during your stay. We thank you for your feedback, and hope to have you as one of our guest again.
Auckland Region, New Zealand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2014

we stayed here for 2 nights. My partner was not that impressed but I thought that it was very good . It is a little run down looking but they are advertising that they are modernising the hotel, so no real complaints there. The room was clean and had everything we needed. Parking was excellent, with lots of spacing no matter what time you came back to the hotel. The complimentary breakfast was simple but tasty.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank karenko111
Dominique B, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites San Bernardino, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to let us know how your most recent stay was. I am glad to see that you were able to enjoy the amenities the hotel had to offer. We are currently undergoing renovation, and it is all set to be complete by August. We hope that you will come and stay with us again to see our new look.
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2014

We stayed for a soccer tournament . The service was horrible, the rooms were dirty, the general manager is rude and inconsistent in her dealings with customers. The pool room was flooded with towels and food everywhere. My friend stayed and was rewarded a substantial discount for the horrible service/treatment/etc. I was rewarded Marriott points. Like I would ever stay there again. There is no room service. They charge $$$ for frozen lean quizine dinners.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank S. Q
Dominique B, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites San Bernardino, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to let us know how your most recent stay was with us. I do apologize for any issues that you did experience during your stay with us. I did see your comments in regards to your friend receiving a substantial discount compared to yours. We do apologize if you feel that she was given more, but we do handle all guest issues differently depending on the extent of the issue. We never give the same things to guest as again it just always depends what the issue was they encountered during the stay. I do see that you spoke with the general manager so she could take care of the issue right away. As the general manager mentioned when speaking to you ever issue is different. We never want anyone to leave our property with a sour taste in their mouth, but we hope you can see that all situations are different and we do always try our very best to resolve any guest issues right away. Should you ever be back in the area again we hope that you may reconsider and give us another chance to make up for your last stay with us. Again thank you for your feedback and have a great day!
Mesa, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014

This is the second time I have stayed at this hotel and once again they have provided service exceeding any expectations I have had for any hotel. The rooms were clean and well furnished. The breakfast was delicious and had many options. Finally, the staff was extremely courteous and helpful. If ever in this area again fairfield will be my first choice for a place to stay.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Dominique B, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites San Bernardino, responded to this review, 22 April 2014
Thank you for staying with us and for the feedback on your most recent stay. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed the overall hotel experience, and that we are your first choice when in the area. We look forward to serving you as our guest again.
Hartford, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2014

I had a 6 night stay during a death in the family. The service, especially from the Front Office staff and Gen. Mgr. was unbelievable. They were so kind and helpful. The rooms were very neat and clean, and the included buffet breakfast was really good, always fresh with a great selection. The location was very convienent. There was an indoor pool, spa and gym; all in great shape.The highlight was the staff there; they went out of their way to make me feel "at home" and help me with anything they could. Fabulous experience!

Room Tip: I liked the top floor, away from the freeway side. The staff was very accommodating to me, and seeme...