Traveled Route 66 recently, and our first night on the road (yes, we traveled in the opposite direction - sometimes its better to head away from the LA traffic), was in this iconic motel.
As a general rule, I don't stay in motels in North America, but, on Route 66, you have to experience it all. For this reason I was apprehensive for my first night in a Motel in the USA. As it turns out, there was no reason to be. This first night set the tone, and every other place had to meet the standard set by Wigwim Motel.
The Teepee's are deceptively roomy. About the same size of a standard hotel room, with the extra charm and charisma of an old icon. The bathroom was cozy, but it does the job, and everything squeezes into the teepee nicely.
The beds were comfy, the TV was new, the heater worked perfectly.
A must stay location either at the start, or towards the end your Route 66 journey. Even if staying in the San Bernadino are, avoid the more expensive chains, try something with charm, and good service.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Historic Route 66! One of the few remaining classic motels. This family-fun roadside attraction was built in 1949 and has undergone a renovation phase. The motel offers a complete guest room in a peculiar fashion of actual wigwam units. The motel comprises of all the standard hotel amenities ! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Traveltool, S.L.U., Booking.com, Priceline, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your Wigwam Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wigwam Hotel San Bernardino
- Wigwam Motel San Bernardino, California