“cheap, so expect the basics”

Knights Inn San Bernardino
Ranked #24 of 32 Hotels in San Bernardino
Long Beach, California
“cheap, so expect the basics”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2012

Ok for that price. Stayed there on a last minute roadtrip stop to check out the San Manuel Casino, it has a free shuttle there, did not feel like the bed had clean sheets. But everything was working ok and was not falling apart, so I give it an average for the value / price. No mayor complains, but not wowed.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Brea, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2011

This motel is dishonest, made a reservation and had to call back to cancel game them all the info to cancel and they said they could not fid our reservation and there was nothing to cancel. I was surprised to find out a chrage for the room on my CC, When I called the motel up to have it corrected they were very rude and refuse to do anything bascially to bad. I have contacted my cc company to dispute it. Don't stay here the ethics SUCK

Room Tip: don't bother staying here cause if you have any problems your on your own.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends

Travellers are raving about these San Bernardino hotels

Newbury Park, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 September 2011

Ended up stuck in the area and a long way from home, so I had to find a decent place to crash for the evening. Searched through tons of reviews and found that the Knights Inn was the only place that hadn't been tagged as either a fleabag or a haven for druggies. Made the reservation online and check-in at a late hour was easy. Room was as simple as possible, yet clean, which was fine by me. Bed was comfy and the place overall was quiet. Didn't stick around for the free breakfast (most likely continental or just a lobby coffee maker), but I did like the free L.A. Times in the lobby when I checked out. They also had soda/snack machines and ice, which helped take care of my late night appetite.

Only points of concern, which may apply to other visitors:
- Wireless internet was down when I visited, which I was hoping to have during the stay
- Location is not that great, esp. for families. Even though it's freeway close, you won't find the same options as other interstate motels. There's a boarded-up Denny's in the same lot, and no other chain-type restaurants nearby. At night, even though the whole property and the parking lot is well-illuminated, there's a lot of other open lot space leading to the street on almost every side of the property that's pitch black. There was a gas station/mini-mart next door and a 7-Eleven convenience store across the street, but both had some shady characters hanging out nearby.
- TV channel selections were OK (a mix of local and cable), but picture quality on some of them were very poor.

On the plus side, it was a good value at under $50 given the circumstances, and would probably be ideal if your ONLY criteria are safety and general, no-frills comfort.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
LA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 December 2010

Booked a room here through a website, and we escaped from this horrible place 30 minutes after we checked in.

Checking in was easy, no problem there. The room at first glance was just ok, there was a heavy cigarette smell even though it said on the door that this was a non-smoking room. I thought it was probably normal for a cheap motel like that, but when I walked in the tiny bathroom, I couldn't help frowning. I really didn't feel like using the shower at all, it looked old and dirty. All the towels were either dirty or had stains on them. I had to cover the toilet seat with toilet papers, and it took me 4 tries to finally flush it. Then I noticed something that looked like blood stains on the bathroom door and wall, which was a little creepy.

Then we checked the bed, and found hairs on it, so we went to the front desk. The lady there told us that we'd have to change the sheets ourselves because the cleaning maid's not there. Sure ok, we could do that. But guess what we found after removing the bedding? A fitted sheet that didn't fit the bed, and beneath that, pubic hairs and something that looked awfully like urine stain!

At that we couldn't stay there any longer, and went to the front desk again, asking for a cleaner room, but was told that it was already the cleanest room they've got. Leaving us no other choice, we asked for a refund because we were going somewhere else. The lady refused and started arguing with us. Finally she said that we would have to have someone from the website through which we booked this room to call them.

Considering that we didn't feel it was a safe area, and the health hazard, we'd rather stay somewhere else, even if we were not getting that $45 back from them.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank Faulekatze
nevada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2010

Where should i start igot my butt ate up like a piece of beef jerky all night long.the covers was moving before i got under them ,the next morning we had so many bumps we thought we had chicken pox.It was meth heads down stairs slamming there door allnight long .i give this place two thumbs down,would not let my dogs sleep here. i live in vegas where the heath codes for hotels and motel are held high this will never do in vegas.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family
3 Thank 21kayte
new york
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 September 2009

I stayed here for the first time and the rooms were very clean,
beds were very comfortable.
will recommend to all and will come back again

• Stayed September 2009, travelled on business
USA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2008

Three friends and I chose to stay at this motel for one night because the price was right - $50 (including taxes and AAA discount).
We got exactly what we expected for $50 - two beds, a fairly clean room, a TV, soap and shampoo. There were some problems with the room, but nothing we couldn't live with. Specifically, the tub spigot had a small leak, the tub had rust stains, and one of the towels was slightly stained.
The check-in/check-out was quick, although the clerks seemed reluctant to speak - I just told them who I was and what I wanted and they took care of it.
The "continental breakfast" is pretty much worthless. It consisted of coffee and small Otis Spunkmeyer muffins (there is a sign limiting you to one muffin/guest). When I went to the lobby about half an hour after the start of the continental breakfast there were four muffins left. I took one then, and when I came back 15 minutes later there was one left, so I grabbed it for one of my friends. Fortunately, there is a Denny's in the parking lot of the motel.

• Liked — The price was right!
  • Disliked — The
  • Stayed January 2008, travelled with friends
Rodeway Inn & Suites
Rodeway Inn & Suites
#5 of 7 in Colton
Comfort Inn & Suites Colton

Been to Knights Inn San Bernardino? Share your experiences!