“Run, Run, Run!”

Ranked #9 of 32 Hotels in San Bernardino
California
“Run, Run, Run!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2006

I booked this hotel for a soccer tournament, when we arrived the parking lot and hotel looked OK. When we went to check in the office was very small and the bullet- proof glass was not a good sign. Also, the flyer on the wall stating no guests after 8 pm and no refunds after20 minutes after check-in should have told it all. But, I did check in and the clerk charged all 4 nights pre-pay. We went to the room and it was clean, but very run down and smelled very bad.
I immediatly went back down stairs and demanded a refund and cancelled all reservations for the whole team, the clerk didn't give me any problems and did not seem surprised.
Luckily we found another Days Inn, in San Bernadino, 10 miles away that was just fine.
Days Inn on Ostrems Way.

• Stayed June 2006, travelled on business
4 Thank Sherryl W

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 December 2005

No bugs. TV worked. The owners were wonderful sweet people, but the clerk that was there on our check out was not very helpful or friendly. One of the beds broke while we were there, but they fixed it promptly. The room smelled bad. They brought a mini fridge in and it had a lump of unidentifiable mold in the freezer (scary). We cleaned the fridge out with vinegar. We put freshner on the carpet and bought a room freshner. The parking lot is not secure.
They would not print out a check out receipt for me, apparently the room was pre-paid, so I told my parents to make sure no additional charges popped up on there credit card. shampoo packets, were tiny, not even enough to wash 1 persons hair. Pool was not heated. The room was cramped very small. I have stayed in bigger, nicer rooms for half the price, in much better areas. I forgot my bible at home, and there was no Gideon bible in the drawer like most places. Very convenient though, grocery store, Wal-greens, Del Rosa Bowl, plenty of eaterys within 1 mile. Unique little shopping center across the street.
If I had to stay at this place, I would not have paid more than $40.00. If you go to "Berdoo" (San Bernardino) stay out near the university off I-215, in Redlands, off I-30, or Hospitality lane at the intersection of I-10 and I-215, especially if it is an extended stay. I hope they improve and get security gates, because as I stated, the owners were really great people.

• Stayed November 2005
Days Inn San Bernardino/Redlands
#13 of 32 in San Bernardino
Hampton Inn & Suites San Bernardino
DoubleTree by Hilton San Bernardino

Been to Days Inn San Bernardino Near San Manuel Casino? Share your experiences!