“Nice/Basic”

Best Western Hospitality Lane
Ranked #6 of 33 Hotels in San Bernardino
Reviewed 19 December 2013

The room was clean and modestly decorated. It was a basic hotel room -- a great place to stay if you are just planning on sleeping there. If you are looking for luxury or in-room privacy, this is not the hotel to choose. The beds joined the sink/mirror/coffee area. There was a door to the toilet/shower. The beds were comfortable and it was quiet.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
bwhl, General Manager at Best Western Hospitality Lane, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2014

Thank you for you comments, I am glad you enjoyed your stay, please know we value your comments and the business you give us. Hope to see you again.

Reviewed 4 December 2013

They are the "Nordstrom's" of hotels. Always accommodating and polite. I have spent many nights there in the last five years and have yet to be disappointed. It doesn't matter to them whether you are a "whale" or just a mid-price person. If you don't like the food in a restaurant, they immediately send a supervisor and chef to discuss it with you.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 October 2013

I have been coming to this hotel for 3 years now--almost once a month. Great friendly employees. Rhonda, the manager does everything possible to make my stay pleasant. I would recommed this hotel for anyone who is traveling outside the LA area.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
bwhl, General Manager at Best Western Hospitality Lane, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2013

Dear Laural,

Thank you for the comments, we appreciate it. We are very fortunate to have a guest like you staying with us. What I appreciate is you let us know what we are doing right and what we are doing wrong, you allow us to correct any concerns you may have. People like you is what business is about. Your company is lucky to have you.

Reviewed 15 October 2013

only thing I didn't like, no elevator, to second floor, and once you check out, if you have to go to the bathroom, none is in the lobby, other then that, it was a wonderful, the bed was just wonderful, I slept so good, would stay there again, places to eat that were in walking distance.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
bwhl, General Manager at Best Western Hospitality Lane, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2013

Thank you for your comments. I do apologize for no elevators or public restroom. I was very glad to hear your stay was a pleasant one, we look forward to seeing you again. Please let me know if you need assistance with luggage on your next stay, we would be glad to assist you.

Reviewed 11 October 2013

The name, Best Western, pretty much sums it up! The service is great. Front Desk Clerks are very knowledgable, friendly, and overall sweet hearts. The rooms are always clean and neat. The placement of furniture is always perfect. I love getting a call shortly after settling in my room, to make sure everything is ok. Makes me feel secure. The rooms are super spacious! The outlets are placed in all the right areas! Perfect for plugging in all my equipment! I LOVE the outlet built into the lamp on the desk!!! It's a life savor! I recommend The Best Western to all my family and friends. This is the only hotel I will come to for photo shoots. It's quiet, beautiful, and has an awesome staff!!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Thank you Sal J for taking the time to write a review. I always look forward to reading my guest comments and comments like yours are always appreciated. We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 11 October 2013

I was very impressed with the outside appearance and the rooms were just as impressive. The Best Western is the place to stay. I had heard great reviews from my co workers about the Best Western, so I decided to give it a try. I arrived about 45 mins before my check in time, was greeted by the sweetest front desk clerk, Jessica. Which was a huge surprise, most times, while checking in at other hotels, the clerk is busy texting away behind the desk, but not Jessica. I explained I was early, but that wasn't an issue, Jessica right away began checking to see if there were any rooms ready and there were. She explained everything I needed to know, but she was sincere about the info, she wasn't just reciting something she had memorized. The check in experience was awesome. My stay was even better! The facility is quiet. I was able to get my work done with not interruptions, sleep was great, and I was even given a wake up call as requested!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
bwhl, General Manager at Best Western Hospitality Lane, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2013

Dear Salj,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review, we appreciate it

Reviewed 3 October 2013

overall, this was the worst experience that I have ever had at a Best Western. hopefully, with the information that I have provided them, next time, if there is a next time, they will have improved on it. The room itself was excellent, the appearance of the facility is impressive, but, here are some of the things that made My stay there well below satisfactory. 1. when I got there, to check in, I asked the girl behind the desk if I could please use the bathroom,. as I was in urgent need. she said there was no bathroom, even tho it was only 10 feet away, clearly visible. so, I ask her a 2nd time, and told her it was extremely urgent. again, same answer. then, she told Me that if I left her my ID and credit card, she would give Me the key to My room, which was through the parking lot, and around the corner. I think she needs a refresher course on the meaning of "customer service", because she has no clue what it really means. 2. when I called and asked where the ice machine was located, same girl told Me that the only working one was on the 2nd floor, that the one on the 1st floor was broken. when I asked where the elevator was located, to get up to the ice machine, she said that I would have to use the stairs. when I explained that I was in the handicap room because of My knees, and that stairs are a major problem, she said, "I'm sorry, but, you'll have to use the stairs, if you want ice". 3, the room is nice, comfortable, and looks good. but, almost all of the electrical outlets are already completely filled, so, My choice was to unplug the microwave, so that I could plug in My computer. oh, btw, fyi, that particular electrical cover is brown, like it has had an electrical spark, or short, and one point. you might want to have someone take a close look at it, as it could be a safety hazard. 4. I am surprised, and disappointed, that, at a Best Western as visually impressive as this one is, and looks as good as this one does, and, it really does, does NOT have room upgrades available for Best Western Premier Members, because, that is what I was told, when I asked at the front desk, again, by the same representative whom I initially met at check in. 5. the bathroom was very nice, clean, as all are, but, the toilet slowly ran all night, and didnt really hear it, until I turned off the TV to go to bed. so then, had to close the door to be able to sleep, and, no, I was not going to call the front desk at 1030 - 1100, to tell them. 6, one last question --- why are the marked handicap parking areas NOT in front of the handicap room, but, instead, around the corner from them?

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
bwhl, General Manager at Best Western Hospitality Lane, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2013

Dear Rich M.,

I personally thank you for your review, overall I was glad to hear your room was clean and the bed was comfortable. I have shared your concerns with my staff and have addressed all concerns.

I do apologize but we do not have a public restroom here on the premises, the ice machine was down for only 24 hours, things do break and to have an ice machine repaired in 24 hours is an acceptable repair time, I have changed the electrical outlet face plate as it was discolored, the toilet running just needed an adjustment which we corrected, the accessible parking spaces are designed to meet all accessible room parking.

As you can see we value your concern and have taken action to correct them, whenever there is any concerns big or small we shut down the room and correct all concern before renting the room again. In addition we have a preventive maintenance and deep cleaning program to assist in making sure all of our guests have a good experience with us.

I do sincerely hope that we will see you again