“Adequate, clean, price-friendly”

Best Western Hospitality Lane
Ranked #6 of 33 Hotels in San Bernardino
Reviewed 31 January 2014

We had to stay close by Loma Linda. Med Ctr for a surgical procedure and chose BW as they usually don't disappoint us and it was only 3 miles away. We were allowed to check in at noon the day before my surgery to prep for it, which was very nice of them. The staff was accommodating and provided us a clean ground room floor convenient to our car parked right outside. We had to leave at 5 am for the hospital so that was helpful. Would have preferred a room on the opposite side of the hotel however, as our room faced Waterman Ave., a busy traffic street. It would have been quieter on the other side.

The room was older but clean. Microwave, coffee maker and fridge are provided. The tv is a flat screen but not HiDef and reception was not good on some channels. Beds were comfy and upgraded. We could not take part in their breakfasts so we are not able to rate the quality of breakfast included.

Room Tip: Rooms on west side should be quieter.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
bwhl, General Manager at Best Western Hospitality Lane, responded to this reviewResponded 1 February 2014

Thank you for your comments, we appreciate it. We are working on many upgrades this year. Hope to see you again.

Reviewed 29 January 2014

First I will say one of the cleanest hotels I have stayed at in CA in this price range.
Super well cared for. All the perks you would expect of a much more expensive property. I would know I stay at plenty. Very clean room nice frige all I regret is that I only was hear one night. Beds are comfy, clean no nasty old style comforters like I expect from a hotel this price. Clean hot tub and pool. Very quite. Good staff. I stay hear again and I like to tell this hotel to please keep up the good work!

Room Tip: Lower level if you need an elevator as they don't have one.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for your response. I was glad to hear your stay was a pleasant one. We take great pride in cleanliess of our rooms, we use UV lights and wands to assure cleanliness. We want you to be happy and to return.

Reviewed 28 January 2014

I don't know about you, but when I travel I have luggage! With no elevator, I was very disappointed to find out I had to carry everything up and down two flights of stairs. I was anxious to get to my room and relax, but instead, I was huffing and puffing up and down stairs hoping I didn't have a fall. Service here was great! Room was clean and comfortable!

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
bwhl, General Manager at Best Western Hospitality Lane, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2014

Dear Susan M.,

I'm sorry we do not have elevators, California law only requires buildings with more than two floors to have elevators. Please know for future we would be glad to assist you with your luggage, we do not show any special request on your reservation showing you requested a ground floor room. We always do our best to meet all requests. I sincerely apologize for your experience with the stairs. I do hope to see you again, please feel free to call me direct and I will assure you a ground floor room.

Reviewed 18 January 2014

My online reservation request was upper floor, no pets, away from traffic. The desk clerk gave me a large king bed room that was upper floor & quiet. Beautiful decor. Clean pool & jacuzzi. Continental breakfast had great variety of food & beverages. My online AAA price of $79 was so worth it. I will be back!

Reviewed 17 January 2014

I stayed at the Best Western Hotel in San Bernardino for a workshop. Overal it was a good experience the only thing I didn't like were the noise that the mini fridge had and the bed it was not comfortable at all. I would probably stay here again if I don't have enough budget to go somewhere else.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. By telling us what you liked about your stay and how we can improve, you are helping us deliver a superior experience for you and other guests in the future. Our beds are Sealy Posturepedic plush beds, most guests like but not all, I apologize. We hope you will come back and see us again soon.

Reviewed 8 January 2014

Our room was kept very clean, and the staff were friendly. The bed was very comfortable. Free breakfast was okay, but the serving area was very small, causing traffic jams at the serving area. The location made it convenient to go out to eat or jump on the freeway to visit relatives in the area. All-in-all, we enjoyed our stay and felt it was a good value for the price we paid.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 24 December 2013

My husband was in a nearby hospital making my departure date variable. Staff worked with me when I was unsure, allowing me to call to continue my stay and emailing my receipt. This was my first stay in a hotel without my husband and the staff was very kind and helpful during this stressful time.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for your comments, I was glad to hear my staff took good care of you. We care. Please let us know if we can assist you for your future needs.