“Good food but loud”

Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Monterey, California
“Good food but loud”
Reviewed 11 April 2014

BJ's offers a vast menu with something for everyone, but the music they played if always too loud, and makes conversations hard.

Visited April 2014

South Lake Tahoe, California
“WORST EVER EXPERIENCE -DON'T GO”
Reviewed 8 April 2014

I have been wanting to write this review since we went to this BJs back in September 2013 and did not as I felt the situation would be corrected by the corp office and possibly the GM of this location. Neither was corrected and the corp office made me so pissed off that I will never walk into a BJs again.

THIS IS THE WORST EXPERIENCE, FOOD AND RESTAURANT I HAVE EVER BEEN TO IN THE US OR EUROPE.

The night we celebrated my BD and a going away dinner for my wife and daughter who were leaving for Europe the next day, we picked this BJs to have dinner at. We are from out of town and thought since we had great experiences at a few other BJs and that this one would be the same.

WOW! This place is the worst and the corporate office was not a lot better.
I have been a devoted BJs fan for since they came to Reno and the love affair is over.
It was like Corp forgot this location existed and they operated any way they wanted to and with absolute disdain and rudeness for their customers.

First, we were not told the truth on the wait. A 1/2 hour turned into 1 13/4 hours. and when I went up twice to ask if they lost us, the girl at the front chuckled at me for asking.

We were finally seated and when I asked for a booth, the 3 non-helpfull and nasty hostesses at the front literally laughed at me and said that the booths were dirty and if I wanted to wait, up to another hour, then we could have one. This was unreal with their bad attitude and no service.

At this point we should have left but it was late and my family had an early flight the next mooring.

We were seated at the back of the restuartarnt which we all felt because I had the nerve to ask where we were in wait time.

The service was no better. It took forever to get food and when it did come, it was cold. and when I told the server we had cold fries and other items, he didn't offer to take the plates back but brought other plates with somewhat luke warm replacements.

The manager on duty was told I would like to speak with him and for the entire time we were there, he avoided me. Period. He even walked by me a few tunes and looked away. Unbelievable.

I wrote a letter to their corp office and asked for a refund plus additional credit for a make up dinner. I got the make up dinner credit but not the refund, The girl who was supposed to take care of that told me, "I can't get anyone to co-operate at this restaurant.".!!! They have even lost control of this location.

The refund never came and no follow up from my e mail to corp. Basically they didn't care about my problem at their restaurant.

If you go to this BJs, good luck. You will need it.

It is my opinion BJs takes their success for granted which will end very soon with this dismal customer experience.

• Visited September 2013
San Francisco, California
“Inconsistent”
Reviewed 25 March 2014 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

I love a few things here, but the quality is so inconsistent. Sometimes, as in this visit, the pasta isn't properly strained (I hate water in my pasta) and if it's busy you don't really get the best service from your waiter or waitress, the later of which both forgot that I said I was going to use my reward points and then too forever to get my payment after dropping off the bill, so that I had to go to the hostess to get it paid. The only thing consistent is inconsistency and the Root Beer which is always awesome!

Visited March 2014
Atlanta, Georgia
“Disappointed”
Reviewed 19 March 2014

Seeing some of the reviews, I was somewhat glad that this place was within walking distance from my hotel. We were greeted by a friendly waitress, beer orders were taken and eventually delivered. We ordered some appetizers and I enjoyed my avocado egg rolls, and perhaps should have stopped there. I was very disappointed with the 5 meat hand tossed pizza. It was just, bland. Not much more that I can add, and I wish I could be adding positive things, but I can't.

• Visited March 2014
San Bruno
“Awesome in Everything”
Reviewed 4 March 2014

We don't expect much. Its kind of an american themed restaurant, with an excellent college and sports atmosphere. But everything you order is awesome. Especially the "Best Beginnings", a plate with all the best seller appetizers of the house. Its hard to decide which one is better. Then, the entrees, the chef`s suggestions and the unforgettable desserts. I live close to BJs, and every time a friend comes to visit (and they really come from far, far away), I take them there. They always love it.

• Visited February 2014