“Bayhill Inn, San Bruno, California”
Review of Bayhill Inn

Bayhill Inn
Ranked #10 of 13 Hotels in San Bruno
Denver
“Bayhill Inn, San Bruno, California”
Reviewed 30 January 2013

If you happen to be passing through the San Francisco airport on an over night layover or are in town and need a budget priced hotel, you might want to look into the Bayhill Inn. Not many hotels in the Bay Area at this price level are this nice. The rooms are sparse but clean, the beds are large and comfortable and the staff is friendly and accomidating.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
BayHillInnSanBruno, Webmaster at Bayhill Inn, responded to this review, 2 July 2016
Dear Guest,

Thanks for your kind words about our clean, comfortable and budget-friendly hotel. We take serving our guests very seriously and are very pleased that we met your needs so well. I hope you will tell others about our property and stay with us again the next time you’re in town. We appreciate the opportunity to serve you.

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 8 December 2012

The front desk clerk would not ring the persons room,I was trying to reach. He was rude, and even hung up on me. Their ad says 24 hr. front desk, but the clerk told me the front desk was closed. And even though I explained there was an emergency, the man would not ring the room for me. He said to just dial the room number which I did not know. But he refused to ring the room for me and this is after he had hung up on me because i couldn't understand him (he had an accent and sounded half asleep). When he finally answered the second time I called, he would do nothing to help. It certainly appears to be a crappy little motel. The guests appeared to be of the same caliber. Its not in the greatest area. I guess you get what you pay for.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank lee j
Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments, made some time ago. I apologize for the inconvenience caused by limitations of our phone system. We take real pride in serving guests and have improved every aspect of the hotel since your stay, including our staffing. I hope you will visit again soon and enjoy the always-improving experience.

Travellers are raving about these San Bruno hotels

Los Angeles, California, USA
Reviewed 30 October 2012

This place is terrible. Don't stay here! My boyfriend travels to San Bruno often for business, but his usual place was booked so we tried this one out because it is close to his office. Big mistake. The bed was hard and lumpy, and the pillows were a joke - the flattest, most beat up pillows I've ever seen. The room is outdated with old mismatched furniture. The carpet is torn and smells funny. There was hair in the bathroom from previous occupants. The towels are old, tiny, and scratchy. All the rooms face a very noisy street and the windows do not block out any of the sounds. I don't mind staying in budget hotels as long as they are clean, comfortable, and quiet. But this is not that! I would definitely choose Motel 6 over this place, any day.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank LizMarieG
Dear Guest,

Thanks for your opinions about our hotel here in San Bruno. I’m terribly sorry we failed to meet your needs. We’re involved in a continuous improvement process aimed at making the hotel better than ever before, and a lot has changed in the many months since your stay. I hope you will visit again and see how we’re getting better every day. You’ll be surprised by all the positive changes.

Brewerton, New York
Reviewed 5 October 2012

The room was small and the rug was old, dirty and worn. The towels were small and thin. The reception area was in a small room behind bullet proof glass. To their credit the sheets were clean and crisp but the bed spread was old and worn. The only way to the second floor was an outside stairway that made it difficult to get our heavy lugage to our room.

Room Tip: Go to a different hotel as I did after the first night.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 14 August 2012

I stayed 2 nights at this hotel thinking it will be a decent, inexpensive option. Tough luck though - I had the most harrowing time dealing with the owners. I had booked for 3 nights and the owner would not cancel my third night even though I asked her for the cancellation well within their stated 2 hrs cancellation policy! She actually refused the refund! Finally, when I could manage to get them to cancel without a penalty, they refused to give me a receipt for my stay, hanging up on me and talking in the most offensive manner possible.

The rooms bare, gloomy and dull. Your stay will be okay-ish if you don't have any issues. But if you have any problem at all, don't trust the owners to help you at all. I get the sense they'll cheat you if they can.

Room Tip: Don's choose this place!!!
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Sonali_8619
Fresno, California
Reviewed 10 May 2012

This is a small very clean motel. Customer service was excellent, a young lady at the front desk was very helpful and understanding our situation and helped us feel very comfortable and at home. The rooms are very clean just a little noisy because it's location. Overall I would highly recommend the Inn to my friends and family it feels as if you are at home.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Patricia V
Reviewed 14 October 2011

Stayed at the Bayhill Inn 7nights. Had a very pleasant and great experience at the Inn, the young lady at the front desk was very helpfull with alll of our questions and accomadation. I would defenetely recomend this place to others its very clean and budget friendly motel.

• Stayed March 2011
Villa Montes Hotel, an Ascend Collection Hotel
Comfort Inn & Suites San Francisco Airport WEST
Gateway Inn and Suites Hotel
Courtyard San Francisco Airport

Been to Bayhill Inn? Share your experiences!