Comfort Inn & Suites San Francisco Airport WEST
  • Room Service
Bayhill Inn(San Bruno)
  • Breakfast included
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsroom was cleanfree shuttleloud planesresidential neighborhoodsan francisconearby restaurantsyogurthot breakfasttake offsoccasional aircraftshuttle service isan overnight staycheck in was quickhotel roomstaff was very friendly and helpfulthe rental car returnmake your own
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 June 2012

We stayed here earlier this month and if I had known now what I knew when I booked the room, I would have tried another place. I booked this hotel because I needed a suite, it was close to the airport, had a free shuttle to/from the airport and free breakfast. I thought the price was a little high but it had what I was looking for and it was for only one night. We had a problem with the free shuttle on arrival. I would say half of it was our fault because we weren't in the right place to pick up the shuttle but the hotel paperwork I printed before leaving home, did not say where to pick up the shuttle. After an hour and a half of waiting they agreed to pay for our taxi. Our taxi driver could not find the place. This was not the hotel's fault but didn't make matters better and he charged us over $20 for the ride. We got to the hotel very late after traveling all day and the lady at the front desk gave us such attitude for not being in the right place for the shuttle. We had never been to San Francisco before and were not familiar with the airport, fine but there was no need for the attitude. When we got to our room it smelled. I don't know if it was musty or what but I guess they don't believe in airfreshners. We found the sheets on the bed questionable so with this and the smell, we found it dirty. The airplanes were extremely loud and flying by very early in the morning. The next morning we needed to pick up our rental car and the guy at the front desk said it was easier for us to walk there as it was only 10 mins away as he would have to reserve the shuttle, etc. I found that it would be inconvenient for him so I agreed. I had no idea that it would take us an hour and that we have to walk around fences as there were no shortcuts so it seemed to take forever to get there. Driving back to the hotel it was only a 5 min trip which just fueled the fire more knowing how close it was and the taxi driver couldn't find it. I personally would not recommend this hotel even if only for one night.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 June 2012

The king suite we had was smaller than most king suites in Choice properties, but it was immaculately clean and the front desk staff couldn't have been nicer or more accommodating (the only odd staff issue being the room attendant's failure to leave any towels one night). Both my husband and I have back issues and the bed wasn't as comfortable as other Choice places (too firm), a real negative for us. Location is great in terms of proximity to SFO (you can walk to and from the airport car rental location). Street is a main thoroughfare and so can be noisy and the planes flying overhead can be LOUD, so light sleepers should be sure to bring earplugs.

Room Tip: Try to get a room off the main drag - at least the road noise won't be as loud.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 June 2012

We stayed two nights. Took the train into San Fransisco...
The room was clean, and airy, what you would expect from a Comfort Inn. Staff very nice, and willing to answer questions. Nice city with great mall, and brew pub...some airplane noise.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dutchgirl57
Reviewed 10 May 2012

This Comfort Inn was a delightful surprise. We'd stayed at several different hotels, motels during our vacation and we expected this room close to SFO to be pretty standard. Maybe it was--but it was large, bright and cheerful, with a kitchenette space in the foyer opposite the bathroom, a cozy couch in a nook for reading and a king-size bed and desk for using the computer and the free wifi.
The free breakfast offerings in the lobby were cereals, milk, toast, muffins, scrambled eggs, bananas, oj, coffee, tea. Plenty for us. There were only 3 tables in the lobby/breakfast area where we easily found seats, but had it been crowded, we could have taken the food back to our room or to the small courtyard in the center of the 2nd floor.
The reception staff was polite and professional.
This location is a mile or two to the rental car return terminal. But if you need to fill up the tank, drive back a mile or so to El Camino Real where gas was 50-cents cheaper than at the station immediately across from the Comfort Inn.

Room Tip: Our room a corner room on the second floor facing E. San Bruno Ave.; hotel in a quiet mixed residential /business neighborhood. Only noise, which we hardly noticed, may have been planes taking off and landing.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 May 2012

This Comfort Inn we feel was a good stay for the $$. I was a little nervous after reading some of the other tripadvisor reviews but our overall stay turned out too be better than I had anticipated. We were looking for a lower priced hotel near San Franscico ( about 9 miles away 15 minutes), we stayed for 2 days.
The customer service was good the rooms were very clean, beds were comfortable, and the room was much larger than a typical Comfort standard room. The area that the hotel is located in is a little different, you would expect it to be in a high commercial area , but this property is in a combination light commercial, and older residential area. Just seems to not really fit in to the typical normal hotel area. We had no problem with the area, it was quiet and easy to find with a GPS.
The breakfast area was small, the staff running the breakfast area did a great job, the area and set up were clean and the breakfast was modest but good and all items were fresh.
all in all this was a good overall stay for the money.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple