“Adequate economy”

Comfort Inn & Suites San Francisco Airport WEST
Ranked #9 of 13 Hotels in San Bruno
Reviewed 16 October 2013

I knew when I found the internet-only rate that I wasn't in for luxury. But that's okay. For one night I could cope. There's a free shuttle from SFO---bonus. The people working here are very nice and helpful. The place is pretty clean and tidy. The neighborhood it's in, not so great. I asked about nearby restaurants and was given a map with recommended restaurants about 5 or so blocks away. There was a lot of road construction in between, which I wasn't alerted to, but I was able to navigate around it. The restaurants are all mom and pop places and holes in the wall. The Mex food I had was pretty mediocre...not on the hotel's recommended list. You're not going to find good dining in downtown San Bruno. The room was fine. Not really upgraded since maybe the 90s. They had a bunch of square pillows on the bed. Strange, but serviceable. The weirdest thing was how the shower is turned on. I didn't figure it out until after taking an early "shower" using a plastic cup. There's a sort of collar you pull down under the bath spigot. Never seen that before. I figured it out after my makeshift shower when I noticed the laminated instructions posted on the bathroom door. Worked fine if you knew how to turn it on. The cable box went out during the evening. Not sure what happened, but I was nearly ready for bed anyhow. It was quiet with the exception of the occasional jet fly-over. That's what you get when you stay just off an airport property. It wasn't continuous, so not a big deal. Morning breakfast was just fine. Well-stocked and fresh. The front desk was helpful in getting me a cab and providing time estimates for getting into downtown SF. I'd stay there again for the price which I was footing vs. a client.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank denverdogwalker

Reviewed 14 October 2013

I chose this hotel for the rate and convenience from the airport. What a mistake! First of all, it must be on a flight pattern because we heard jets all night long! Like they were landing on the roof! Then when the jets weren't keeping us awake, the traffic outside the hotel was. We had a king suite which included a jetted tub but one of the jets didn't work on it. The breakfast was included but it was horrible. There was plenty of it, but the scrambled eggs were dry and yucky. There was complimentary parking which was really appreciated but the spots are really close together and we actually had to go in through the passenger side of the car since someone pulled in too close to us. We will definitely NOT go there again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank bets425
Reviewed 13 October 2013

Maybe not. The hotel was completely full, otherwise I would have asked for a new room as there was a slight odor when I checked in. There is shuttle, so I returned my rental car and then went back to the hotel. I asked the woman at the desk if it was safe to walk to dinner. She said that it was, but also gave me the number for a cab company. When I got back to the hotel, I got a drink from the machine, and then I opened one of the sealed plastic cups and found a dead bug inside. Then I looked around the room, and saw that there was crud on the floor and all around the edge, a dusty edge that looked like it had never been vacuumed. The comforters looked like they were aged - I was a little too grossed out by the place to sleep in the room, so I moved my shuttle an hour earlier (to 4:15) and stayed up all night. I certainly won't be back if I can help it. The guys at the counter in the morning were nice but unable to help me. This location is very noisy - I hear planes and a train... all night long.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 October 2013

Checked in at 10:00pm and found the A/C not working in the room. Called and went down to front desk asking for help until 11:45pm when we went to bed, not to sleep because of the heat in the room with “NO” A/C running. complained to the front desk the next morning and was told to call the manager. We did the following day, and the manager said that he went up to the room and "the A/C was working" (right). would not do anything about the charges on the room......

If you want a good night sleep...... DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL

Room Tip: If you want a good night sleep...... DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank BugsTravel
Reviewed 28 August 2013

Perfect spot for a night having just finished transatlantic flight. Big room with 2 doubles and comfortable roll out good enough for 14 year old. Rollout already in room as requested at booking. Clean, good and plentiful breakfast. Excellent value for money

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 June 2013

We stayed at this hotel the night prior to an early morning flight out of SFO. We booked their "Stay and Fly" package which includes leaving our car at the hotel for up to two weeks. It's a good deal for the convenience of being near the airport and leaving your car at the hotel.
They have a shuttle that picks up and drops off at the hotel/airport, which was convenient and on time.
The room was just average. The bed wasn't very comfortable, the pillows were flat and small. They were little squares which was very strange.
They had a second sink and mirror in the room (outside of the bathroom) which was very handy when getting ready at 4:00 a.m. We didn't have to fight over the mirror or sink!
We had to leave too early to partake in the free breakfast, but the man working the morning shift brought out some English Muffins, butter and jam so we didn't have empty stomachs. He also offered some fruit, but we didn't want it. They had coffee as well when we left at 5:00 a.m. I thought this was very nice of him to do for us.
For the value, I'd probably stay at this hotel again when flying out of SFO.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 February 2013

I was livid with my husband when we got here and checked in for our last night in town. I would have much rather gotten up early to travel to the airport. Not clean, hardly any food delivered, bedding was not enough, it was very cold. And the sink was on the outside of the bathroom, one of my biggest pet peeves. (And of course since it was at the airport, it sounded like the airplanes were landing on the hotel, LOL!)

My husband did make a good point, if I was in my 20's and vacation - I would have been ecstatic staying there and totally fine with it. He is right.... but I appreciate a nice hotel anymore. A good bed and clean bathroom is much more important to me.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank travelincouple611
Also consider these accommodations in or near San Bruno
Best Western Plus El Rancho Inn
Super 8 San Bruno /SF Intl Arpt West
Best Western Plus Grosvenor Airport Hotel
Best Western Plus Grosvenor Airp...
#3 of 28 in South San Francisco
Villa Montes Hotel, an Ascend Collection Hotel
Hotel Aura San Bruno
Hotel Aura San Bruno
#2 of 13 in San Bruno
Millwood Inn & Suites
Millwood Inn & Suites
#3 of 7 in Millbrae

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites San Francisco Airport WEST? Share your experiences!