“Disaster”

Ranked #12 of 13 Hotels in San Bruno
Melbourne, Australia
“Disaster”
Reviewed 15 October 2011

Needed a room at 10pm so thought i would stick with a known chain for no suprises. Paid over $112.00 so i did expect something reasonable or at least clean.
Well I was suprised at how much of a dump this place is.
It is dirty,filthy,disgusting and this is putting it nicely.
Their is a smell in the room that is hard to explain it is like a combination of urine, cigarette smoke and some kind of disinfectent.
The carpets are worn, sticky and threadbare. The air conditkoner doesn't cool, the bathroom is dirty, the bed covers are stained.
This place needs a complete revamp or start charging $35.00 so people know what to expect.
Sleep in your car or on a park bench you will be happier.
On a final note they added a extra dollar to my bill for tour bus fee, (I had my own car) I wanted to get out of this hell hole so I paid.
TRUST ME STAY AWAY
I took photos to prove above .

• Stayed October 2011
1 Thank tiredausttraveller

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
buenos aires argentina
Reviewed 14 October 2011

I stayed at this establishment for 3 nights. I thought that everything was fine, except that the carpetting throughout the place was is dire need of being replaced. The room was large and very clean, the wifi connection was fine, as was the breakfast and the staff. The airport shuttle was on time. Last January, I stayed at a nearby motel that was exactly the same, but the price was much higher, for this week.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
Florence, Oregon
Reviewed 6 September 2011

absolutely nasty..we arrived in san francisco late at night...exhausted...checked in and went right to sleep...in the morning...we discovered that the sheets were not only FILTHY...but there was a large "i really hope this isn't what i think it is" spot in the center of the bed !!!..we pulled the sheet off the bed and took it to the front office and asked for the manager...to be told"he is not available"...after much screaming and yelling...surprise..the manager became available. i actually watched as the head housekeeper tore up the sheet (goodbye evidence)....run...don't walk from this place !!! i have stayed at ramada properties many times...1st bad experience...but bad enough that i will never stay at one again!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank barb s
gandhis, General Manager at Ramada San Bruno SFO Airport, responded to this review, 8 September 2011
We reviewed your concern and apologize for any inconvenience. As a customer we value your input and postive suggetions. In your case, we checked the facts and determined that the sheet was not dirty but had a spot from washing machine chemical. It is possible that automatic dispenser malfunction. The sheets were washed and cleaned just before your arrival.
We call each guest on the phone after we checked them in- welcome call- and ask them is everthing is Ok in the room .When our front desk called you to confirm this, unfortunately no one answered. You stayed all night and nevet brought this matter to the attention of the front desk untill you came to check out. We have front desk open for 24 hours and if you had called at any time we could have changed the sheets for you .
As you were informed correctly, General Manager was off duty on that day and FRONT DESK manager on duty tried her best to resolve the issue and provided professional and courteous service to you. Because of your insistence to speak to the General Manager, she called him at home and GM- discussed the issue with you and authorized FULL refund for your stay.This is the best anyone can do- and even after the full night stay, you were fully refunded and you got complimentary free night.
We try to address concern of our guests and we did went over and beyond that in your case.

Travellers are raving about these San Bruno hotels

Reviewed 7 August 2011

Loved this Ramada; so near the airport for convenience of flying out. Only complaint is the small breakfast area - definitely needs enlarging for the size of this particular Ramada.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank mawmawanne
California
Reviewed 31 July 2011

Substance that looked like blood on the wall. Hotel staff said couldn't get a different room. Wall was wet, but they offered to give us a towel so we could clean it. Royally jerked around. With help of our discount booker, able to get a different hotel.
Would NEVER recommend this place. Couldn't tell if it was crime scene blood or bed bug blood, but it definitely was red and oozing.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Salconn
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 29 July 2011

When I booked the hotel, I called to manager and checked with her that I am booking with kitchen room. At that time she didn't informed anything. But to my surprise, when I reached at 10:30 in the night, it was horrible to identify that there were no pots, not even cups to use the mocrowave or stove. When checked at reception, she informed that no one ever asked and because people steal, they don't provide utensils.
I am not sure, if they expect people to bring their own utensils from home? and not sure why they kept with ktichen facility.
Then somehow they provided handful utensills at 11:30 pm, it was too late, my kids went on to sleep without having food.
When I called thier booking center, and checked ...even that lady agreed that kitchen should have been with pots and pans...

Even the rate card they kep

Even I filed compaint and nobody cared to get back, unless I called them again.
And everytime they keep on saying that local manager will call back..which never happened.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank bprashant118
Reno, Nevada
Reviewed 21 July 2011

I was needing a last-minute room in the San Francisco area and Ramada Limited had one available. The staff was very nice when I checked in and the central lobby was attractive. Once in my room things changed a bit. The room and bathroom were both good-sized but were "tired" and "worn out," badly in need of renovation. My room faced a six lane road and it sounded as if I was near a NASCAR race. Also, the TV would work for a while and then suddenly switch to static. The carpet had wrinkles and stains and the two chairs in the room had large rips and padding was coming out. It met my needs but did not enjoy the experience and can't recommend it to others.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
#2 of 13 in San Bruno
Gateway Inn and Suites Hotel
Days Inn San Francisco International Airport West
Villa Montes Hotel, an Ascend Collection Hotel

Been to Ramada San Bruno SFO Airport? Share your experiences!