“Bargain”

Regency Inn San Francisco Airport
Ranked #7 of 13 Hotels in San Bruno
Reviewed 10 December 2013

Hotel staff were extremely helpful. Room was clean and price was great for the location and transportation service available. Besides the pillows being lumpy (a good sign they wash them) the stay was great. Next time I travel to SFO I will be staying here.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Daniel B

Reviewed 3 December 2013

Went to SF for a few days over Thanksgiving and I was very fortunate that I chose to stay in this hotel (Regency San Bruno). It was less than 5 minutes from the SF airport and probably about 12-15 miles to downtown SF (about 20 minutes drive). The room was clean and the lady that checked me in was very helpful. It was a pleasure doing business with her. Well all of the employees in this hotel are very accommodating. Thank goodness I gave this hotel the benefit of the doubt and did not believe the bad reviews. The hotel is also close to a mall and there's a lot of good variety of restaurants nearby. I would definitely recommend this to my friends and would comeback and stay whenever I will be in the area.

Room Tip: I would suggest that you call this hotel and verify your room if you book this on either expedia or...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank Dale T
Reviewed 18 November 2013

After reading all the negative comments from other travelers. I almost canceled my reservation. However, I said to myself, I need to see and feel to believe these outrageous comments. The hotel's location is great, right beside the Airport, close to bus/train and most attractions. The employees were really polite and helpful for whatever we needed/asked. The room was big and clean with comfortable beds. The breakfast is the classic one you will find in most hotels, a small buffet with basic stuff; not the most tasteful but it is a plus that it is included in the price. Overall, the value for money was great. Some people expect a 5 Star accommodation while they're only paying for a 2 Star price. Be realistic guys. Go to Sheraton and Marriott next time if you think you're being undervalued by this great Inn.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
5  Thank haley p
Reviewed 8 November 2013 via mobile

Was in SF for business and literally every hotel was booked, and this was the only one with available rooms. That itself should have warned me. When I arrived at the hotel the two women on the front desk took 15 minutes to find my reservation in the system. They then said I would have a double bed, even though I had ordered a king. After getting to my room I found there was no iron or ironing board. I spent another 5 minutes on the phone asking for them to bring one to my room. Well that was way too complex for them - they had to move me to another room which had an iron. That took another 15 minutes in the office getting that sorted. When I got to the room the carpet was filthy, there were bugs (ranging from small flies to large scale moths), the towels looked about 14 years old and no extra blanket. I chose to sleep in my hoodie rather than ask for another blanket.
Didn't bother with the breakfast as it looked very sketchy. Check out was as equally difficult when I requested a receipt. Would NEVER stay here again - would rather cancel my business trip before having to stay here. Beware!

• Stayed: November 2013
3  Thank Pete D
Reviewed 23 October 2013

We just needed a place to stay near the airport for one night and we didn't have a lot of time to look. Found this place online and gave them a call to book it. Upon entering the room, we saw a pair of underwear hanging from the shower rod. The bathroom sink was clogged. The towels were super thin as were the bedding sheets. The sheets were so thin, it was like not having anything on you to begin with. There was also a converse box under the heater but we didn't dare touch it. While it's close to the airport, we didn't realize how close; you could hear jets coming over so close I thought they were going to hit the building. Also, it's right by the interstate so we heard constant traffic. The breakfast room is about a 10'x8' room with 3 small tables (2 chairs/table) in it. With tax, it came to around $130. We also called the HOliday INn Express and that would've been around $165. We should've done that. Spend a little extra to get a nicer room.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 October 2013

Stayed here for one night before early flight. Needed a room that was available for govt per diem rates. For the money, this room was clean, quiet, close to airport. Definitely not deluxe - towels and soap bars small. Couldn't get wireless to work but didn't ask for help as had mifi. I would stay here again, but plan to eat breakfast elsewhere - the offerings were very mimimal. Room did have microwave/fridge/coffeemaker.

Room Tip: Even on first floor w/ a/c running you heard jets landing at 2am. road noise probably worse on 2nd...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank RAA339
Reviewed 28 September 2013

Traveling in the San Francisco area is expensive so remember that you get what you pay for. This hotel is right next to the airport so it's convenient and relatively inexpensive. We can hear every plane that takes off as well as the next door guests' conversation about bread. It's extremely loud outside, voices, cars, planes, horns, and construction. *sigh* -- Upon check-in I found the desk attendant unpleasant. Not rude or mean, just uninterested in being polite, he didn't even get out of his chair to greet me - sad.

The room itself is well kept, clean and smelled nice even though it is a pet friendly room; I'm traveling with two dogs this trip. This is a MOTEL (not a hotel or an Inn) our door opens to the outside like a motor lodge.

The breakfast was standard fare with a waffle maker, cereal dispenser, hard boiled eggs, and coffee. Nothing hot unless you count the toast. The breakfast room is very small and cramped when several people are trying to get their morning started.

Free wi-fi is always a plus and they do take pets, for a small (sic) fee per pet, per night.

Room Tip: A top floor room might be quieter.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Hotel Aura San Bruno
#2 of 13 in San Bruno
Comfort Inn & Suites San Francisco Airport WEST
Vagabond Inn Executive SFO Airport

Been to Regency Inn San Francisco Airport? Share your experiences!