“Good value for money” 4 of 5 bubbles

Regency Inn San Francisco Airport
Ranked #7 of 13 Hotels in San Bruno
“Good value for money”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2005

For the price this place is definitely above average. It is conveniently located for the airport, the people at the front desk are very friendly and helpful and above all it is VERY clean. It is also good value for money - there is a coffee maker in the room as well as a fridge and a microwave that work very well.

• Stayed August 2005, travelled on business
7 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Montreal, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2005

I wasn't expecting much...and I didn't get much. We stayed there one night because we had an early flight the next day. This is clearly not a place where you would like to spend your vacation. Person at the desk was friendly parking was free. The price was very cheap (we booked trough hotels). It is very close to the rental car return center and to the airport which is great.

The room seemed clean, but trouble came up in the bathroom area. Facecloths were dirty (unidentified brown substance on them), and the bathroom was not what I could call a clean place. There was some musky, mushroomy type of thing on the bathroom's ceiling. The bath's botom was dirty. And when you turned on the bathroom's light, the fan would start at the same time and it made a terrible rumbling sound that scared the heck out of me each time I would turn it on. (The fan seemed kind of broken) But for the price I paid, I acccepted these things. 80$ CAN for 3 people is very cheap.

About the breakfast, there is no sitting area, it is served on a small table next to desk. There were only a fiew pastries and powdery orange juice.

I would not stay there again, but I got what I paid for so I can't really complain. For a few bucks more you can stay at the Hampton Inn and Suites Airport South which is much better.

• Stayed June 2005
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank scarlett_reinhardt
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2005

I stayed in this hotel for the Memorial day long weekend (May 2005). The hotel is on the main road, but still a quiet place.

Highlights
----------

* No hassles in check-in or check-out
* Friendly Front-desk
* Neat and Tidy room with Service done on a daily basis
* Very close to SFO airport and relatively closer to all nearby attractions

Drawback
----------

* Complimentary breakfast - You cannot count it as breakfast (so little and no choice). Better you eat outside.

Overall, the room is worth the $50/night stay. I'd prefer to stay here again.

• Stayed May 2005
5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2004

We stayed here June 25 and July 3, 2004. It was the least expensive of everything I had found on the internet. It was very clean and the manager was very friendly and helpful. It is a great, cheap place to stay for an overnight lay-over. It is not a place you would want to stay for an extended period of time because San Bruno is a small, quiet town and there is nothing to do there. But quiet is nice when you want a good night's rest.

On June 25 we were on a lay-over waiting to fly to Las Vegas the following day. We were treated very courteously and when we called the motel from the airport they sent a van right away to pick us up and deliver us to the motel. The driver did not ask for tips but as a courtesy, we tipped him anyway.

We stayed here again on July 3, 2004, when we flew back from Las Vegas and were not due to check into our timeshare in San Francisco until the next day. Again, we were pleased with the motel. The motel manager was very friendly and helpful when we asked about where we could eat in the area. We ate at a Chinese restaurant that we could walk to, since we didn't want to rent a car for one night. The restaurant the manager referred us to was excellent!

7 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2003

The room is ok. The breakfast is just coffee, fruits and some danish pie. Orange juice is like water. They also DID NOT clean my room, no housekeeping. After I shout on them, next day they got it cleaned.
Imagine coming back in the evening and there is still garbage in the room, beds are not made, no towels, etc. I was told that one of the maids did not turn up. I asked for the owner / manager to talk to me, who did not bother to talk to me either. They just dont care, I guess.

8 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Comfort Inn & Suites San Francisco Airport WEST
Days Inn San Francisco International Airport West
Gateway Inn and Suites Hotel
Villa Montes Hotel, an Ascend Collection Hotel

Been to Regency Inn San Francisco Airport? Share your experiences!