“Great Place/good price”

Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in San Bruno
Euless
“Great Place/good price”
Reviewed 17 April 2012

Great place! they treat you like family. It is a fairly new hotel, so it is clean, well situated. We were able to walk to eat Chinesse, Filipino, Mexican, Rib bar-b-q, Brazilian, home made food, fast food, and more, within walking distance, Citibank/Bank of America, pharmacy and more, close by, all between 5 minutes walking. Downtown San Bruno also within 5 minutes. You will get a fair continental breakfast, no parking fees, no internet fees. In addition, you have a microwave and small refri in your room and free shuttle to/from the SFO airport.

Room Tip: Since it is situated on the front of El Camino Real Road, you may want to ask for a room on the back...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank TexasPTY

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
New York City, New York
Reviewed 10 March 2012

I have stay on this hotel for the 5th times during few years on my vacation. I just recently stay for a week on my vacation with the family. I was so disappointed during this time. The first room i check in RM308 smoke detector keeps beeping, exchange a different RM 315 the vent keep knocking all night, went to the front desk advise them about the condition they refuse to change a room and no manager on duty during my week staying. Front desk has a nasty attitude toward customer. Room is descent. Definitely wont come back to this hotel again with my family.

Room Tip: If you really have to stay in this hotel, I recommend to stay on 3rd floor due to Breakfast area is...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Chichala
Reviewed 9 March 2012

We needed a hotel for an overnight stay between flights. We chose this for location, price, and the fact that they provide a shuttle to the airport.

We arrived in the morning, and the shuttle pickup was quick. When we arrived, a room was available. We checked in and then used the shuttle to go back to the airport to catch the BART into the city. After a day of sightseeing, we took BART back to the airport. We got back to the airport during rush hour, so the shuttle pickup was slow. But that was due to traffic; it wasn't the hotel's fault. If you can time your use of the shuttle to avoid rush hour, it will go faster. Another review commented on the rooms at the back near some houses. We had one of those rooms, but it didn't matter. We close the drapes at night anyhow.The beds were comfortable and the room was clean. The bathroom had been updated recently. A nice touch was the use of a local source (from San Francisco) for bathroom toiletries.

The room had a cube fridge, a microwave, and a coffee maker. We only used the coffee maker, but for a longer stay the other appliances would come in handy. The continental breakfast was good.

If I had to list negatives, I would say that the room was a bit short of furniture. It was a large room, with space for a small table and chairs or an armchair, but neither of these was there. That's the only minus I can think of.

I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Kathy49NJ
San Angelo, Texas, United States
Reviewed 1 February 2012

Convenient to the airport. We were looking for a place to stay one night to catch an early flight back to Texas. We did not have a car so the airport shuttle was very important to us. We had a room with 2 queen size beds. My husband loves Columbia coffee and there was a coffee maker in the room that he could make coffee as he wanted. They were very generous and provided more when he had consumed the 3 packets in the room when we checked in. The staff were all friendly and very courteous. The room and all of the common areas were very clean and up to date. With the security cameras on site, we felt very safe. The room was also very quiet. Would stay here again if we were in this area.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank KC C
Bentonville, Arkansas
Reviewed 6 January 2012

Compared to other motels and inns in the area, I liked Howard Johnson better. The room was clean and comfortable, with air conditioning. I have a small baby and refridgerator and microwave were very helpful. Breakfast was included. But the most helpful was airport shuttle. Staff is friendly and helpful. I also really liked the location because during the day, I didnt have a car. San Bruno downtown was at 10 minute walk and there were many great restaurants on the way and in downtown. Also, I was able to take my kid to a nearby, well equipped and kid friendly park which was a 5 minute walk from the hotel. Highly recommended if you are on a budget and trying to find a reasonable place to live in San Bruno.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank seharmd
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 14 December 2011

We were looking for a place to sleep that was #1 Safe, #2 Clean & #3 Quiet. We hit the jackpot with this place...... and the price was very attractive. We were in town for 4 days to visit San Francisco and it was convenient since we had rented a car. Oh yes, the parking was inside and there were plenty of spaces. It was a 15 minute drive to get into San Francisco.

The rooms had Frig, Microwave and coffee maker. They were clean and comfortable. Plenty of hot water. Staff was pleasant. I will stay there on future trips and I highly recommend it!

Room Tip: We asked for a room on the back side to avoid potential road noise.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Julia L
NJ
Reviewed 29 November 2011

This is my second time for a 3-day business/pleasure stay at this Howard Johnson at San Bruno. The place is clean, nicely upgraded, the staff is great and it provides excellent breakfast. It is very close to the airport and many nice restaurants. It served all my needs and I plan to comeback many more times.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
#3 of 7 in Millbrae
Villa Montes Hotel, an Ascend Collection Hotel
The Westin San Francisco Airport
Days Inn San Francisco International Airport West

Been to Hotel Aura San Bruno? Share your experiences!