“Big and clean” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #109 of 152 Restaurants in San Bruno
San Mateo, California
“Big and clean”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

Service is fast, and the place is big and clean. There is even a TV! One of the best Popeyes locations I've seen.

Visited September 2013

San Francisco
“My Go-To Place for Fried Chicken”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

I'm driving in a closed car, surrounded this intense heavenly smell of the spicy variety of Popeyes famous fried chicken, hot golden biscuits surrounding me.

It is like I'm eating with my nose.

Every lung-full of air is a complete meal. But my stomach knows the difference and it growls at me... (rrrRRRrrrRRRR)

It is enough to drive a man to eat...

A little Whisper says: "Just pull over and rip it all open. Go ahead: have a piece (no one will be counting)....You know you want to. he he hehh."

NO! I will not give in. Wait until I walk through my door at home! And thennnnnn...

YES! Killer Spicy Chicken with smashed taters and gravy or red beans and rice. mmmMMM Doggies! This chicken is moist and not too scrawny (although I swear they used to be bigger).

Their biscuits are truly terrific but I have noticed that if they are pressed for time, they WILL under-cook them a bit--leaving a very light blond browning instead of a golden brown. But today they were perfectly browned.

This beats the snossages out of any KFC but unfortunately there aren't so many Popeyes around as I would like. So if I am dying for fried chicken I may backslide to KFC and always regret it not being Popeyes.

Actually, this may be a good thing because given that a steady stream of Popeyes would probably swell me like a blow-fish, crack my scale, and I would die (happy) of a digestive overdose.

Overall: this particular location is consistently fast making the other Popeyes that I first tried in Philadelphia like watching honey drain through a sieve. They are polite, efficient and their quality is consistently good.

The only downside is the longer wait during peak dinner time at this popular location, where you could wait 10-15 minutes for your order. But this won't stop me and never has.

Visited October 2013