“Best Japanese Value”

Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Tacoma, Washington
“Best Japanese Value”
Reviewed 21 July 2013

Bar none, best Japanese dinner I have had for the price. I ordered the small sushi combo while my husband had the combo dinner with cooked to order beef teriyaki + sashImi, plus an appetizer of agadashi tofu and we split a large beer. Tea and edamame were complimentary.

My mixed sushi was varied and fresh and came with what tasted like house made pickled ginger, not the stuff in a jar. His dinner came with very nice white miso soup, pickles, rice and salad (salad a skip honestly), but the beef was cooked med-rare as he asked, and their was more than we'd expected.

Total bill was just over $40 for both of us, with drinks, and we were stuffed on better food than we can find anywhere back in Humboldt County. I also have to mention that the service was very good and friendly. I will come back for sure, in fact, it is going to make it hard to return to my local spots for Sushi now that I am reminded of how good it should be.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank mysteryb

San Francisco, California
“The BEST Bento Box”
Reviewed 5 June 2013

I work near the airport and have been going to Aji Ichi for YEARS! It's been the same owners and the same great food and service all along!

I always order the Bento Box. Unlike other Japanese restaurants, they cook your Teriyaki Beef to order. Their portions are plentiful and I've NEVER been disappointed.

The restaurant is clean and street parking is available.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank MonkeyMom888
Mission Viejo, California
“Delicious food and great owners”
Reviewed 2 June 2013

Same owners for 24 years. Jae, who is from Japan, and her husband from Hawaii, take great pride in serving up super high quality food in a very down to earth, neighborhood restaurant. Homemade salad dressing, 100% real crab in the sushi rolls, and tender quality fish made for an outstanding meal. To boost, this little gem of a restaurant is inexpensive, but don't let that fool you. It's not very often we have a dining experience where the owners are so personally involved, and they made us feel like family. Don't go anywhere else if your in the area!

Visited June 2013
Walnut Grove, California
“Excellent choice !”
Reviewed 23 January 2013 via mobile

No artificial crab here. Authentic Japanese cusine ! Great friendly service. You can't go wrong here.

Walnut Grove, California
“Excellent family run Japanese Restaurant”
Reviewed 17 December 2012

My friends greet me like family and provide authentic Japanese food. The sardines are a favorite and when they have the Ankimo is a delight!

Visited December 2012