“reservation confirmation issues”

Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in San Bruno
Powder Springs, Georgia
“reservation confirmation issues”
Reviewed 15 April 2014

I had a very difficult time just confirming our reservation. After finding out that they would not take a credit card over the phone to hold our reservation at the discount rate but I had only 2 hours left to pay, I was told I would be emailed a credit card verification form to complete & send back. after waiting 1 hour I called back & told them I had not received the form. I now had only 1 hour left. They went over details & discovered they had my email address wrong. so tried again. After 30 minutes I call back again stating I still had not received the form. oops they had my email address wrong yet again. I complained & was given to Curtis, a manager. After appologizing he said he resent the form. After 15 minutes I called back again...and guess what?? Cutris had my email address wrong.....yet again. This time I gave him 2 email addresses. I finally got the form. Compoeted it & sent it back. then I call Curtis to ensure he got it. Guess what........he had gone home. 15 minutes left to pay for my reservation.....my anger is rising. After speaking to Michelle Chow, who could not get into Curtis's email address, I had to resend her the form. I called her back with only 5 minutes to go....and yes she had gotten it and all was well................Our reservation is for 4/24. I now have very little faith that we will have a positive experience at this hotel. I hope I am plesantly surprised. Not off to a good start.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
sanbrunocy, Front Office Manager at Courtyard San Francisco Airport, responded to this review, 20 April 2014
Dear Janis,

Our apologies for the misunderstanding with your email address. We certainly aim to make our reservation process as easy as possible and are sorry that this was not the case with yours.

Your feedback is important to us and are glad you took a moment to voice your concerns. We are looking forward to meeting all of your expectation for your upcoming stay.

Warm Regards,
The San Bruno Courtyard Staff

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Palm Springs, California
Reviewed 5 April 2014

I recently spent a night at this hotel due to a marathon return trip from Asia on Cathay Pacific. Missed connections at HGK and SFO, and the airline sent me here for a night. Generally would not have written a review, but I do want to comment on how friendly and accommodating the staff were, and the fact that the hotel is immaculate and there is a great view of the water from the lounge/restaurant area. When I politely asked the waitress if the kitchen hadn't overcooked my dinner a bit (she hadn't brought it herself), she immediately replaced it and then didn't charge me for the wine. I think those gestures are more and more uncommon these days. Rooms at the hotel are clean and comfortable -- good mattress, no problems with wifi, ...

All in all I thought the people here were extremely friendly and professional, and the hotel is a good value.

Room Tip: There's a slight surcharge for rooms with a view of the water. I opted not to get one because I...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Mark S
Reviewed 29 March 2014 via mobile

We checked in on Friday with a well seasoned manager. We were assured that a hotel vehicle would pick us up at the BART station. We had much defficulty in getting the Friday evening desk manager to get us picked up near the station. After several calls we just hailed a taxi! Do you think the manager was concerned when we came through the door?

So the next morning we were ready to get driven to the airport. Oh, yes we missed the hotel pickup time of 7:30 and would have to wait for another half an hour. This afer we were told on the evening before that there was no set drop off schedule on the weekend. Again, we called a cab to get us to the airport on time.

This may be a nice hotel, but their weekend staff is not up to the task for the business and pleasure traveler. I am a long time Marriott traveler and would not recommend it. Shame, shame, shame!

Stayed March 2014
CY_SFOSB_GM, General Manager at Courtyard San Francisco Airport, responded to this review, 31 March 2014
Dear Garbagedoctor:
I am so sorry our staff let you down.
We strive to deliver excellent service and I'm sorry to hear you were disappointed.
I will review your comments with our staff, and I hope we can have you as our guest again soon.
Thanks for staying with us!
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 19 March 2014

We used this hotel as a stopover for people that needed to be at SFO for early morning flights, and didn't want to deal with traffic. Worked out great for us. The rooms were pretty much the standard Courtyard room. The lobby had an all purpose bar that I used for coffee and breakfast in the morning. Nice fire pit outside to sit around and socialize. The hotel is within walking distance to several restaurants and a shopping mall. The hotel shuttle operates every 20-30 minutes to the airport.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed 12 March 2014

I stayed here in the King Suite for 10 days. The suite was good, and well maintained. Pool, Whirlpool, and Center seating arrangements are great. Furnishing is average when compared to other courtyard. Bart, Airport, CalTrain station, and Freeway all are very much in the vicinity of this hotel. Overall had a nice, and comfortable stay.

Room Tip: Opt for a basic room if you're not with family.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 March 2014

the position of the hotel locates near SFO airport, so it is very quite convenient if you just want to stop by SFO for a couple of days. The traffic to SFO downtown or Silicon Valley is convenient, too. Of course it's better if you rent a car.
The service is great, the mini bar in the lobby is pretty interesting. I also like their breakfast, though you might need to pay extra money to get it. The restaurant is not opened at noon, so you need to get something eat outside. The facility and atmosphere of this hotel is quite good, and it makes you feel warm especially when we came here in cold winter. :)

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 4 March 2014

I stayed here as I had an early morning flight. They had a free shuttle service and the airport was 5 minutes away so seemed like a good idea. Overall, I Liked the hotel. Checkin was very efficient. Lobby was great. Quick place to grab food and sit down to read and relax. Rooms were clean. Good breakfast. Free shuttle service. The only issue that I can point out is that it was 250 per night. There might be other hotels that cost less. However, it fit the bill and would reocmmend otherwise.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank J0hnPM10
Also consider these accommodations in or near San Bruno
Super 8 San Bruno /SF Intl Arpt West
Best Western Plus El Rancho Inn
Villa Montes Hotel, an Ascend Collection Hotel
San Francisco Airport Marriott Waterfront
Best Western Plus Grosvenor Airport Hotel
Best Western Plus Grosvenor Airp...
#3 of 28 in South San Francisco
Millwood Inn & Suites
Millwood Inn & Suites
#3 of 7 in Millbrae

Been to Courtyard San Francisco Airport? Share your experiences!