“Just like everyone else says!”
Review of West Coast Cafe

West Coast Cafe
Ranked #1 of 158 Restaurants in San Bruno
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 17 June 2014

In San Bruno for business. West Coast Café was recommended by the front desk at our hotel which is just a couple of blocks away. We found the café to be exactly as the other reviewers note. The food is excellent! And, the service is great, too. Very friendly staff - lots of smiles and appreciation for my party stopping by for dinner. We were there very early on a Tuesday evening - we were the first customers, so service was very quick. As we ate other guests steadily arrived. I'm no in this area often - but would readily come back. Congrats to the West Coast staff for making a business trip much more pleasurable!

Reviewed 8 June 2014

good:
food!
we had a chicken dish, lasagne and a daily special of lobster ravioli.
very tasty- quite satisfied

value:
ok... not the cheapest place, but reasonable.
nothing included with dinner- surprised us on the bill as we were asked 'what kind of salad' vs. 'would you like to add a salad'

would return if in the area... so that says something.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

It's a small restaurant and the name doesn't sound Italian at all, but the food has always been good. I have never had anything there that I didn't like. Any pastas, fish is wonderful and I always have it just grilled, their West Coast Salad is great. It isn't cheap for lunch, dinner maybe ok, but when the food is good I don't mind. We go there at least once a week and maybe more. We have a friend who always says it Is his favorite place to eat. They have a banquet room in the back and we have had parties there and they have always been done well. They will do anything for you.

Reviewed 22 May 2014

We were there on a Wednesday night and were surprised it was so busy. The service was a bit slow but the food was very good, especially the creamy mashed potatoes that came with most entrees. The special was a veal chop stuffed with gorgonzola cheese, which my friend said was delicious. I had the prawns in garlic wine sauce which were also very good. The broccoli that also came with most entrees was perfectly steamed and seasoned.

The salads were wonderful. Perfectly dressed fresh greens. The sliced tomato and mozzarella was wonderful with large slices of mozzarella.

It is a bit on the pricey side but the quality is worth it. I don't mind paying a little more for well prepared fresh food. The prawns were $25, but the veal chop was only $21, and there are less expensive pasta options.

The atmosphere was pleasant with an attempt at an Italian cafe. It was a bit noisy, but still easy to hear my guests and to chat. There is no attempt to rush you.

Close to SFO. On San Mateo Avenue which is the old shopping street of San Bruno. Well worth arriving early and doing some browsing. Lots of interesting shops and good restaurants for your next trip.

Reviewed 30 April 2014

Had early flight out the next morning so decided to stay near SFO.

Very good food, very good service. Interesting menu and nightly specials. Nice atmosphere and décor. Bar limited to beer and wine only. Parking in public lot in the back. Definitely will remember it next time I am in the area.