“Very Authentic Filipino Food”
Review of Patio Filipino

Patio Filipino
Ranked #11 of 154 Restaurants in San Bruno
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Eureka, California
“Very Authentic Filipino Food”
Reviewed 6 April 2014

Looking for something a little different for dinner we decided to try Patio Filipino and weren't disappointed. This is a restaurant where 99% of the patrons are Filipino…a good sign if you're looking for authentic cuisine. Most tables were filled w/ large families and we had to wait a few minutes until a small table opened. Our waiter was patient w/ all our questions and offered suggestions which we took and ended up w/ the most delightful meal. The choices are many and the portions were huge. Whatever you order the flavors are rich and all you senses will be pleased. An appetizer and an entree a piece were almost more than we could eat. Next time I'm in the Bay Area we will definitely eat there again.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Randyfish

“Excellent, Authentic, Why Not Experience This?”
Reviewed 8 December 2013

I love a little epecurean variety. While looking for a dinner spot i drove past this little gem and said why not.

What a fun experience. I was the only white guy in the restaurant. Lots of Filipino families eating in large numbers. Moms, Dads, with their parents and children. Large plates of food on big tables. When I walked in I knew this was the real deal. PERFECT.

I wanted Lumpia, however they are served with 12 bite sized Lumpia…more than I could handle for an appetizer When I asked and he said 12 pieces, I said too much and hoped my waiter would offer a smaller portion. He did not. That is ok.

I had the Sizzling Bangus Sisig - and it was AMAZING. Boneless shredded milkfish topped with onions, scallions, and spices and served on a sizzling plate. I also ordered white rice. It was so amazing, that i ate every single bite. I do not have the vocabulary to explain the flavors that accompany this dish. You have to try it…that is all i can say.

Go for it…I cannot wait to be back in the Millbrae area again to try Patio Filipino. I will be back…FOR SURE.

• Visited December 2013
2 Thank Clinton S
San Diego, California
“Very good food and good service”
Reviewed 10 November 2013

We had never tried a Filipino restaurant, so decided to have dinner there. We had Filipino food before thanks to our friends and so we knew what we wanted to eat. The serving sizes were huge and prices reasonable. The servers were smiling and helpful. The Owner was there talking with clients and that helps. I recommend this place any time you want to try Filipino food.

• Visited November 2013
Stockton, California
“Great food, friendly people”
Reviewed 15 June 2013

Stopped in on a whim for lunch on a Saturday as we passed through. The place was packed, but they quickly set up a table for us outside. The food was warm, delicious and plentiful. The server was very friendly and attentive. The owner came outside to sit and make a few phone calls and he was a friendly fellow, made sure everything was to our liking. We'll certainly stop in again when back in the area.

Visited May 2013
“Fantastic Restaurant”
Reviewed 28 April 2013

First time for this nation's food. Got there when they opened and had a warm welcome from our waiter Melvin. Had great suggestions and brought us a sample of one we thought sounded good. Ordered something else, but we liked the Crisy Binagoongan but had fish sauce. Had a wonderful mango salad with garlic shrimp, sizzling pork sisig and ginataang sitaw and kalabassa. All the dishes were excellent. Large portions so we had to take a lot home with us (good for two more meals!). Wine and beer choices were great. Desert choices were great. Had the flan and fresh berries. This was one of the biggest surprises I have had in a long time. Great food with huge portions and fantastic service.

• Visited April 2013