“small place big flavor”

888 Ristorante Italiano
Reserve with OpenTable
888 Ristorante Italiano is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #64 of 133 Restaurants in San Carlos
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Eureka, California
“small place big flavor”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2014

We chose this restaurant after walking up and down the restaurant row of Laurel st. in San Carlos. It had a simple elegant feel and the staff was warm and welcoming. They had a nice wine selection. We had a leisurely dinner and did not feel rushed. Dinner was excellent as was the Tiramisu. I also liked the fact that they had items on the menu that didn't have dairy in them.

• Visited March 2014

Covington, Louisiana
“Absolutely the best food and great service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2013

The best balsamic vinaigrette dressing I ever had. The food was excellent and the service was great!

• Visited November 2013
SF bay area
“Truly delicious”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2013 via mobile

I don't usually eat Italian food when I go out but it was my husbands birthday so he picked.

We came for an early dinner on a Saturday night and had no trouble getting a table.

It's a small place very simple elegant decor, not fake trying-to-look-Italian. There are a few tables outside and as it was nice out, we sat there. The inside dining room seemed a bit dim for my taste, so I was glad we were outside.

The servers were polite, quick to respond, good at explaining the specials, and attentive. During the meal, it seemed harder to catch their attention, maybe because we were outside, but otherwise Ok.

I ordered a salad made up of tomatoes, beets and Gorgonzola. I initially was disappointed because I was imagining something different but it was delicious and satisfying with the bread in the basket.

My husband had some fish and prawn special. I had a little bite and was pleased that it was cooked perfectly. So often seafood gets over cooked, this was moist and tender. The potatoes and vegetables it was paired with were also equally good.

We did order dessert. I had a really nice tiramisu, not too sweet and while rich it was not heavy. My husband had a fruit tart type dessert, again lovely.

It was a bit slow getting our check and while pricier than most if the places we go, for the quality of the food, I thought it was reasonable.

We also saw the owner chatting with some if the other patrons, so it was nice to see that he cared enough to be involved.

• Visited October 2013
Silver Spring, Maryland
“Great for all Occasions, but Especially Special Ones”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2013

We celebrated a milestone birthday for my wife at 888, in San Carlos, CA, with my son, his wife, and two young children (ages 5 & 8). Everyone was happy! The food here is really sophisticated, delicious, and beautifully presented. If you're in Silicon Valley, I recommend this place: you can't go wrong. It's one of the best Italian restaurants I've ever eaten in and that's from an Italian from New York who has eaten all over Italy.

• Visited January 2013
Ada, Michigan
“A perfect place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2013

888 never disappoints. You'll notice that most of the people entering are "regulars". They are greeted with a hug from Vito or a big smile from Vicenzo. And after your first meal there you'll be a regular too. Their rigatoni bolognese is the best you will ever have. Tonight I had the lamb chop special and wanted to lick the plate.

Great food. Great atmosphere. A perfect place.

• Visited April 2013