I've stayed at this hotel roughly once a month for the last decade.
Positives: the staff. They are knowledgeable, competent, and personable: very nice people. Rooms are clean. Full kitchen is very helpful for long stays; bed is comfortable, although the mattresses should be flipped monthly in order to prevent caving in on the most popular side. Parking is ample. Easy access to freeway, shopping and restaurants. Gym a block away.
Negatives: Doesn't even have basic cable channels. Missing MSNBC, History, Bio, etc. Has Showtime rather than HBO.
Internet slow, and have to sign in relatively frequently. Odd for its location near Silicon Valley. If you'll have to do large downloads stay elsewhere.
Prices have increased significantly in the last few years. Now has breakfast included, which means nothing except a higher room charge to those of us who don't eat breakfast.
Recent policy change mandates that your room gets cleaned on day 8 of your stay. Thus, if you're staying for 9 days, rather than picking a midway point for cleaning you'll have a clean room for your last day.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cash is accepted as a form of payment for those guests paying by a weekly or monthly rate. A valid credit card must be kept on file for incidentals. Cash is not accepted as a method of payment for guests paying the daily rate. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Extended Stay, Odigeo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Extended Stay America - San Francisco - San Carlos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Homestead San Carlos Hotel San Carlos
- Homestead Hotel San Carlos