Fairfield Inn & Suites San Francisco San Carlos
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in San Carlos
Reviewed 8 July 2013

We stayed here for 5 days while visiting the Bay Area and could not be more pleased. The staff was great and the room was fantastic. The pool was heated and wonderful, and the location was very convenient. Breakfast was very good, but crowded. We were away for a while and needed to do laundry, the hotel provided the soap and dryer sheet, while the machines were only $2.50 total, although we did need an extra cycle on dry. Overall a great place I would highly recommend.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank JRH J
There are newer reviews for Fairfield Inn & Suites San Francisco San Carlos

Reviewed 3 July 2013

Everything was great and better than expected. Good location between SFO airport and Silicon Valley. The hotel is near a small airport and there was some noise of airplanes taking off during the day but that wasn't much of an issue.

The room was very clean and smelled great. Everything looked like it was new and was very comfortable. Front desk staff was very helpful and friendly.

As in many hotels with complimentary breakfast, the breakfast area was much too small to accomodate any number of guests. There were only 6 small tables and you either had to eat breakfast in the lobby or in your room. Quality of breakfast was good though.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Frank W
Reviewed 19 May 2013

This is a clean and well maintained "travelers" hotel by Marriot. It's convenienly located just off Highway 101 but also adjacent to the San Carlos airport. The airport noise is only a factor during the day as it seems to shut down at night. The rooms are clean and the service quick & friendly. However the morning breakfast could be improved. The breakfast is only one step above a continental but the room is too small and crowded if the hotel is even near full occupancy.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Neil C
Reviewed 8 April 2013

Business travel stayed 3 nights in this month. Rooms modern and fresh but bathrooms need updating. Old tubs and toilets need to be replaced. Lobby and breakfast area could use a bit more space and a few more chairs in the lobby.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 February 2013

I stayed here for 6 days on business and overall this is a nice place. On the quality scale, I put it above a typical Holiday Inn but below a Hilton Garden. The room was long and narrow with 2 queen beds. Everything was very clean and up to date. You enter the room directly into the bathroom area, and the shower is off to the side. The shower area is a little cramped though. There is a refrigerator and microwave in the room as well. My room faced the 101 freeway and the traffic was a bit noisy. I suspect the other side of the facility is quieter, as it faced a small airport runway that did not seem heavily used. The breakfast offered was free but extremely limited in selection and seating. There is a burger king and steakhouse within walking distance. A short drive gets you to a shopping center and there is an in and out burger place across the freeway. Overall a nice facility and one I would utilize again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that does not face the freeway.
Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank travelbertCalifornia
Reviewed 26 October 2012 via mobile

This hotel has all if the basics a traveler needs and does it very well . Rooms are nice ,clean and has all if the basics . A. Big plus is a mini refrigerator which I always look for to keep my water and soda cold .

The service is very good . The breakfast is simple , good and free .

And this is a great location .very central and prior to the major traffic problems at nite .

I switched from much higher class hotels in the area (of the same chain) to here and I will be coming back and saving money at the same time.

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed 20 October 2012

I can't say enough good things about this hotel; but, I will try (I'm rarely short on words). From the moment I walked in the door, it was a great stay. I was greeted by 2 very nice people - they were so friendly and helpful. I stayed here 6 nights, and each hotel employee I encountered was nicer than the next. I like that.

My room was big and spacious with 2 queens, a desk, frig and microwave, and lots of natural light. The vanity/sink is long and outside of the toilet/shower area (I like that too). This hotel is right next to a small municipal airport, which was a non-issue. My window faced that airport and I never heard anything from it. Every now and again while I was in the back parking lot, I heard a small plane take off, but even that was rare. If being by an airport is keeping you from staying here, don't let it. It was no problem at all.

There's a really nice gyn on the second floor. Oh, I'm not saying I used it - I only know it was there because I passed it every day on the way to my room. There's also a coin-laundry room on the first floor with 1 washer and 1 dryer. Both worked well.

The location was excellent for me. I was visiting family in Woodside, and I was still close enough to San Fran to jump on the freeway and go north a little ways and be there. You get the close proximity without the huge pricetag in San Fran. But, this place is expensive - make no mistake - but I found it to be the cheapest in the area with good reviews. This area of California is ridiculously expensive, so the price I found here was lower than everywhere else I looked.

My room was clean and fresh, with wonderfully comfortable bed and pillows. It was overstuffed, firm and cozy. Plenty of clean towels and the bathroom was spotlessly clean.

The breakfast in the morning was great. It's simple continental stuff - with hard boiled eggs and some egg sandwiches you can nuke - lots of bread, muffins, waffles, cereals, etc. That kind of breakfast is perfect for me. The area was always well-stocked and clean. There was a gentleman some mornings, and a lady others. Both, where just so nice!

There's free parking and EXCELLENT wi-fi. I am writing this from a different city in a hotel that has horrible wi-fi. So, I appreciate the good wi-fi.

I-101 is right in front of the hotel, and all the other major roads are nearby. There's a Burger King a few steps from the hotel, but nothing else. You need a car if you stay here - there isn't anything within walking distance. A couple exits up north or south and you'll find lots of stores like Target, grocery stores, etc.

I enjoyed my stay here very much. It is definitely one of the better Fairfield Inns I have stayed in. Again, the staff made the stay so pleasant. When in this area, I wouldn't stay anywhere else. Can you tell I liked the hotel?!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
LiA Hotel
LiA Hotel
#2 of 7 in San Carlos
TownePlace Suites Redwood City Redwood Shores

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites San Francisco San Carlos? Share your experiences!