Fairfield Inn & Suites San Francisco San Carlos
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in San Carlos
Reviewed 5 July 2014

Compared to the other hotels in the area, this one is more affordable. Nothing stands out as truly amazing, but I will say that the staff/manager is attentive and cares about your stay. So all in all, great place to stay.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

I visited San Francisco for vacation and decided to stay here since it was in the direction of my vacation destination (Drive on CA-1) and helps me avoid morning traffic in Frisco.

Great friendly staff and a very clean and comfortable place to get a good night's sleep. Very convenient location on route 101. Highly recommended!!

Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 8 June 2014

No complaints at all. Beds were very comfy, really nice complimentary breakfast, coffee all day in the lobby, pool was very clean, rooms were also very clean. Hotel is right next to the freeway and airport, and the noise was quite minimal. I might suggest a room that is not near the lobby as breakfast time can get kind of noisy, and if you have a room nearby, it might be bothersome. We were in room 242, and heard nothing, so that wing is a good one. Take a quick drive to downtown San Carlos on Laurel street. Many nice cafe's, coffee houses, etc.

Room Tip: As for a room away from the lobby area, ice machines, elevators.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
antonio_genato, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites San Francisco San Carlos, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review regarding your recent stay at the Fairfield Inn & Suites - San Carlos. I will share your comment with the staff. The San Carlos downtown is certainly a pleasant destination with quite a number of shops, restaurants and bars.

I thank your loyalty to Marriott.

Tony

Reviewed 4 June 2014

I stayed here for two nights over a weekend while visiting family. This is a standard mid-range hotel; only slightly worse and a bit more expensive than average. Room was small. Tub and toilet in bathroom, but sink and mirror in main room. Otherwise room was OK. Hotel is next to 101 freeway, so noise on that side may be an issue (I had a room in back). Usual free breakfast for this class of hotel: fake scrambled eggs and make-your-own waffles. You can do better.

Room Tip: Get a room in back.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
antonio_genato, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites San Francisco San Carlos, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to rate our Hotel. When we receive a review, that would indicate a chance for improvement. We would love to know more of what happened to better yor needs in the future.

We hope that you will stay with us again in the future.

Antonio Genato

Reviewed 28 May 2014

We had a nice general run-of-the-mill time at this place. The pool is outdoors with plenty of sun in the afternoon. Pool was the perfect temperature and not at all cold. Plenty of towels and chairs. There is a steak and chops restaurant next door with decent food. There is a fast food place 20 steps away from the steak place. Our stay was Memorial Day weekend, the Sunday night. The hotel was clean and perfect for a visit to the aviation museum, also next door. We made reservations three days ahead. We checked in at 3:20pm but our room was not ready, and check-in time is 3pm. A third floor room was preferred, we ended up on the second floor which was okay. The breakfast room was tiny and poorly arranged for the number of people (we are all in each other's way and if someone wants to get something, there is usually someone in front of them trying to get around someone else who is trying to get coffee or juice or condiments or something) and the wait is long for a waffle for those who want them. There weren't enough tables or seats and we sat with another couple. Someone was making a lot of banging noises in the morning. They sounded like they were on the floor above or a room nearby on the same floor.This place is a good location if a person wants to stay away from a lot of bustle, while still being only a short drive from shopping, restaurants and the neighboring towns.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the airport if you like to watch planes take off and land
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 May 2014

Hotel was clean, quiet, had microwave, small fridge, coffee station, clean bathrooms with all the basic amenities. Breakfast was included but I did not have time in the morning. Close to hwy 101. I had a room facing museum. It was very quiet despite of facing a small airport. It is a fair spot if you need an overnight accommodation in Bay Area.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Olga P
Reviewed 27 April 2014

We normally prefer the Hilton family for travel, business or pleasure. But we tried this hotel because of its location. Here's where they can improve -- the same breakfast for six days -- at least change sausage from patty to link; one elevator is not sufficient but only 3 floors so can walk. One of two computers was not working the entire six days; the other one was occupied by the night manager at 6 am twice when I was down there and he kept doing his thing making me wait. Very annoying. Once he asked if I wanted to use the computer, I said yes, and he still did not get up for 10 minutes. The pillows are two big, and I never thought I would ever say that because I love pillows. But it was hard to squish it down enough for your head! The personnel are nice and the rooms adequate -- though changing sheets every three days should be voluntary, not mandated. I will return to my Hilton family next time I travel to this area. And, this place was pricey given the comparisons within five to 10 miles in both directions.

Room Tip: Third floor in the back if you can walk the stairs.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
antonio_genato, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites San Francisco San Carlos, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

Dear Mr Sandul,

Thank you for sharing your experience with the Fairfield Inn & Suites - San Carlos. I apologize that your recent stay was not satisfactory and appreciate your feedback.

You're a valued customer and everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience. Please be assured that we are taking immediate corrective steps to avoid such problems in the future.

Our lobby computers are now up and running, all room pillows are queen size and bed linens are changed everday unless a guest would like to support the Marriott International's preservation initiatives by partaking in an ongoing green program and joining the bed linens and towel reuse program.

Once again, please accept my appology.

Also consider these accommodations in or near San Carlos
2 mi away
Courtyard Redwood City
Courtyard Redwood City
#11 of 17 in Redwood City

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites San Francisco San Carlos? Share your experiences!