“Best Pizza Outside NYC”

Dining options: Dinner, Seating
Silver Spring, Maryland
“Best Pizza Outside NYC”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2013

My son and his family, who live in San Carlos, CA, a small town about 25 minutes south of San Francisco, go to this restaurant every Friday night without fail. When we visit, we go with them, and since we visit a lot, we have probably eaten here over 20 times. It never fails to please. The pizza really is terrific: the crust is just like NY pizza (and I'm from NYC); my only quibble (and it's a small one) is that the sauce could use a few more herbs. All the toppings are good, so you can't go wrong, and the salad (we always get it family style) has slices of pepperoni in it (which we all fight over). The service is personal, pleasant, and efficient.

• Visited January 2013

Baton Rouge, Louisiana
“Amazingly good menu offerings and Italian flair”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 February 2012

We love this place, whether we come in for a pizza or opt for a full meal. If ordering a pizza, remember that the pizzas are filling and delicious, so get several people to decide on one type and share. Definately opt for ordering an Italian Salad for the table to share.

For entrees, I must recommend the dinner combo, which includes bruschetta, salad, pasta of your choice, vegetable, and a cannoli for desert. I particular like Chicken Cacciatore.

A connoli for desert is a must, whether you go for a dinner combo or pizza. Deliciously sinful and the perfect end to a perfect meal.

Visited May 2011
redwood City
“pizza better than rest of menu”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2009

wish they could kick it up a notch. Salads not the greatest very basic pastas ok but middle of the road. We do like the pizza but (it is a medium crust )perfer thinner crust

Redwood Shores, California
“Decent for families.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2008

I had heard such great things about San Remo's pizzeria and decided to try it. The experience left me wanting much more than received. The "prized" pizza I ordered was decent at best. Service was laid back, but I usually can't complain too much about service, I understand what it's like to be a new waiter or waitress. The decor of the small restaurant was more of a "fun family" eating arrangement.

1 Thank Connorita