“World-Class Sushi & Sashimi”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Ganko Sushi Restaurant
Ranked #71 of 133 Restaurants in San Carlos
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi
San Carlos, California
“World-Class Sushi & Sashimi”
Reviewed 19 June 2012

I've been visiting Ganko Sushi for 17 or 18 years, and every meal has been a treat. My wife and I love sushi and sashimi, and look for good restaurants wherever we travel. Ganko is truly world class. The decor is plain, but what matters is the incredibly fresh and tasty food. The salmon is sensational, but all the fish is fresh and tasty. The sushi rolls are not as fantastically creative as some of the wilder rolls you find in some places, but neither are they as weird tasting. They are a bit more traditionally styled, but with excellent taste combinations. The Carmen Roll takes me straight to heaven.

Ganko also has a selection of other Japanese dishes, but I've never been able to resist the sushi, so I'll leave a review of those dishes to someone else.

• Visited June 2012