“Step in and set your clock back 40 years”
Review of Tommy's

Tommy's
Ranked #51 of 216 Restaurants in San Clemente
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Surprise, Arizona
“Step in and set your clock back 40 years”
Reviewed 18 March 2014

Wife and I stopped by for breakfast, easy location right off highway. We had omelettes which were served in a timely fashion, tasty and well proportioned, certainly above average. Service was attentive and friendly. Nostalgia through out makes the place fun. Walls showing some age but nothing to take away from the atmosphere, a fun cafe and a good place to eat.

• Visited March 2014

San Clemente, California
“Oh Tommy Noooo”
Reviewed 3 November 2013

I've frequented this restaurant over a couple of decades. It used to be the hit place to go, especially for breakfast 24-7. It never closed. The shakes were to die for and the food was just overflowing with goodness. It's bright and cheery with the nostalgia of the decor. totally 50's with the booth seats like Chevy interior. Lately, under new ownership, it hit an all time low. I would take this very good friend of mine there each month on the first Monday. She's getting old and fragile and doesn't each very much. She's NOT fussy either. The last two times we both ordered a cup of soup for lunch, the soup was cold. AND EXPENSIVE!!!!! My poor friend ate it RELUCTANTLY without complaining but I had too say something. I was kind too. I was not compensated at all for this infraction, just told "I'm sorry!" It fell on deaf ears I suppose. At one point I would tell everyone to go there but now, I wouldn't.

• Visited October 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Great breakfast. Great place”
Reviewed 29 October 2013 via mobile

We stopped to get fuel just by San Clemente. Saw the sign, then saw the diner, then saw inside. Ok -change of plan. We're havin breakfast here. And what a breakfast. Lovely eggs, salty bacon, great potatoes and a 7 egg omelette with fillings, which my mate Bob finished (and wants me to point out how good it was!). Best breakfast of the holiday, no question. And we've had some great ones. Friendly staff, great chef, clean and tidy inside. This hit the spot. I hear it has new ownership. They are doing a good job in my opinion. Support local businesses. I had a terrible experience at a big chain yesterday. Support your small enterprises folks. The personal touch tastes best. Sure did today.

Albuquerque, New Mexico
“A fun cafe”
Reviewed 22 July 2013

Another 50's theme diner that is fun and clean. Stopped in for breakfast and had a great 4 egg omelette. Well prepared and filling! Only problem was my dining companions sourdough toast arrived with some mold on the crust - ick - but everything else was good. I'd go again, and just stay away from the toast.

Visited July 2013
San Clemente, California
“Improved Under New Ownership”
Reviewed 26 June 2013

Over the years we have been indifferent about Tommy's in San Clemente as it has been an uneven experience. We just gave it another try for breakfast and a lunch. The $5.99 breakfast special Marilyn Monroe eggs, sausage, potatoes and toast was tasty and good value.

We have tried soup and sandwich —Turkey & Big Dipper (French Dip)— and found the soup very tasty and the sandwiches good. It looks like we will have to put Tommy's back in our rotation as they offer good competition to Carrows and Dennys.

• Visited June 2013